Pharo-dev
By thread
pharo-dev@lists.pharo.org
By month
Messages by month
- ----- 2026 -----
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2025 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2024 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2023 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2022 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2021 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2020 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2019 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2018 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2017 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2016 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2015 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2014 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2013 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2012 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2011 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2010 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2009 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2008 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- 1 participants
- 144621 messages
Re: [Pharo-project] Tiling windows
by Gastón Dall' Oglio
Thanks. If there are more ideas and I can encode (and test:), I will send
them to you.
2011/5/28 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>
>
>
> 2011/5/28 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>
>> Well, I coded 2 test, that's something: (
>> Laurent, at this point both my changes in your work must be something
>> heavy to do, but the less load my package in a clean image to see the idea
>> of keeping the UserTiles:)
>> http://www.squeaksource.com/TilingWindowManager/TWM-GastonDallOglio.14.mcz
>>
>>
> OK Gastón I see the functionality.
>
> I will merge and refactor as I have some ideas on it (maybe tomorrow I will
> be busy today).
>
> Thanks a lot for the tests !!!
>
> Laurent.
>
>
>
>
>> Thanks ;)
>>
>>
>> 2011/5/27 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>
>>>
>>> 2011/5/27 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>
>>>> version 11: Added screenshot of bounding of visible windows
>>>>
>>>> test comming soon, give some time :)
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> No problem. Tell me when it's ready I will check & merge.
>>>
>>> Laurent.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>> 2011/5/27 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>>
>>>>> Ohhh look good and simple! I would suggest you use these renovated, but
>>>>> it's too late, and also do not know if there may be some licensing issue:
>>>>> http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/previews/index_abc.png
>>>>>
>>>>> A question, the correct way to load external icons in the image is used
>>>>> ThemeIcons>>createIconMethodsFromDirectory: directory? that particular class
>>>>> should be loaded? PharoUIThemeIcons or TWMBar, for example? in class o
>>>>> instance side?
>>>>>
>>>>> 2011/5/27 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>
>>>>>> Now with icons, and thanks Patrick for the icon generation idea :)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Laurent.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 2011/5/27 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Now added top window placement à la OptimizeLayout.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Need to find nice icons. Someone ?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Laurent.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> :)
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> - Now loads in PharoCore
>>>>>>>>> - more tests
>>>>>>>>> - fill all space even if number of windows is not square.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs <http://twitter.com/#!/lolgzs>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
>>>>>>>>> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
>>>>>>>>> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gastòn,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> I've downloaded the new version - thanks a lot for
>>>>>>>>>>>>> contributing, it brings fun :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Some comment:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> - tiling browsers don't work any more with
>>>>>>>>>>>>> OB, WMWithAnOBBrowserAndDockingBarsTest does not create an OBBrowser anymore
>>>>>>>>>>>>> but a Browser
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> In 1.3 core there's not OBBrowser, then, when trying to modify a
>>>>>>>>>>>> method with reference to OBBrowser obtained an error. So I remove their
>>>>>>>>>>>> references.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> I see. I will refactor this so it will be compatible with Core
>>>>>>>>>>> and still work with OB (quite easy).
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> This would be great, because now I think, in a core are never the
>>>>>>>>>> most useful tools (Seaside control panel, memory monitor), and TWM should
>>>>>>>>>> know about them in some way (you apply a pattern to solve this problem?).
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> - you've changed TilingWM>>visibleWindows to TilingWM>>windows.
>>>>>>>>>>>>> The "visible" was not innocent, because tileVisibleWindows cares about
>>>>>>>>>>>>> windows that are not minimized. On the other side, tileWorkspaces tile all
>>>>>>>>>>>>> workspaces, minimized or not. So I think in final we may have:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> #tileVisibleWindows
>>>>>>>>>>>>> #tileWindows (maybe #tileAllWindows is a better name)
>>>>>>>>>>>>> #tileVisibleWorkspaces
>>>>>>>>>>>>> #tileWorkspaces / #tileAllWorkspaces
>>>>>>>>>>>>> ......
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Please, see you the comment in de versión 5 of de package, "Now
>>>>>>>>>>>> all botton tile visibles windows.". I think it's better to just get
>>>>>>>>>>>> organized visible windows, even when done on a particular kind (such as
>>>>>>>>>>>> workspaces). For this is that the word was redundant now visible.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> I will think about this.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> When you have many windows, minimizing them is the way to let them
>>>>>>>>>> "suspended", therefore I think it should be organized only visibles.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> - I will add tests to TWMBar finally as it seems to grow
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> - I want TilingWM to be 100% test coverage
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Sorry, give me some time for learn about this...
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Don't hesitate to ask.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> ok.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> - Balloon and spaces for TWMBar is a good idea - we need to make
>>>>>>>>>>>>> this work effectively :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> yes
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> - Great to have all the buttons per type of applications !
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> it is still very rudimentary way to filter the windows, but it
>>>>>>>>>>>> was helpful to learn about the hierarchy of classes 1.3, in regard to the
>>>>>>>>>>>> Models for example.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Indeed I've disable TaskBarMorph in my image as it's useless now
>>>>>>>>>>> :)
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Great!!!
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> I'll be honest, this is my first serious development in Squeak /
>>>>>>>>>> Pharo, so it gives me much encouragement your comment, there is still much
>>>>>>>>>> to learn and improve, but it is very encouraging to devote time to something
>>>>>>>>>> that might be useful to others.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Laurent.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> I've merge some of your changes in TWM-LaurentLaffont.5
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs <http://twitter.com/#!/lolgzs>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/25 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/25 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Excelent!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> IMHO, it's better that's not integrated to TaskBarMorph,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lets it free :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> For example, click in unused space of the TWMBar and you can
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> move it around you wish in the screen, similar to use
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DockingBarMorph>>beFloating. I attach screenshot.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Laurent, I improved (or not? :)) your work, if you think
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> that is bad for TWM simply undo it ;)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Feel free to play. Just try to write tests for TilingWM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> please :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ok. I load a new version to ss. Now teh button tile visible
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> windows only. I fixed the test...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> For TWMBar I'm not sure this will be a final GUI. Ideally all
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> will be keyboard driven, I have to play with KeyMapping.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> yes, sure.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I also think the UI theme Patrick has cleaned fits better
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> with TilingWM:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> To try it:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gofer it
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> squeaksource: 'PBASandbox';
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> package: 'PBSandbox';
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> load.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> StandardUITheme beCurrent.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> See screenshot.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I try, yes.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Patrick, could you push this with a nice package name ?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Laurent.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/25 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Now there's a button to open the world menu.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs <http://twitter.com/#!/lolgzs>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 11:20 AM, laurent laffont <
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> stephane.ducasse(a)inria.fr> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I do not understand.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> how can I get a browser?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hey, this is just a start :) I will add a button to open
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the world menu.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> once this is one is created I get the browser full screen
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> but then how do I get a chance to create a new one if I
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> want.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dividing the browsers based on the screen size results in
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rather small browsers :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> yes, but because browsers waste space IMHO. Maybe we could
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> get rid of windows borders when tiled.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Laurent.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stef
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > TWMBar new open.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > The real manager is TilingWM. Try:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > (TilingWM forWorld: World) tileVisibleWindows.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > (TilingWM forWorld: World) tileBrowsers.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > (TilingWM forWorld: World) tileWorkspaces.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>
May 28, 2011
Re: [Pharo-project] [Pharo-users] Screencast on Tiling Window Manager
by Stéphane Ducasse
excellent
I like the energy of the project. For me this is the exact example of what we should be able to enable.
Innovation :)
Stef
On May 28, 2011, at 8:39 AM, laurent laffont wrote:
> On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 8:36 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse(a)inria.fr> wrote:
> continue improving it and we should integrate it :)
>
>
> any ideas to integrate somehow with the multiple worlds?
>
>
> I've prepared it to integrate multiple worlds from the start :) So yes I want multiple world.
>
>
>
> Laurent
>
>
>
> > Here: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/2011/05/tiling-window-manager.html
> >
> > Not really good, awful english (I'm tired :) but feedback is always welcome !
>
> don't care :)
>
> >
> >
> > Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs
> >
> > Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
> > Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
> > Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st
> >
>
>
>
May 28, 2011
Re: [Pharo-project] Tiling windows
by laurent laffont
2011/5/28 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
> Well, I coded 2 test, that's something: (
> Laurent, at this point both my changes in your work must be something heavy
> to do, but the less load my package in a clean image to see the idea of
> keeping the UserTiles:)
> http://www.squeaksource.com/TilingWindowManager/TWM-GastonDallOglio.14.mcz
>
>
OK Gastón I see the functionality.
I will merge and refactor as I have some ideas on it (maybe tomorrow I will
be busy today).
Thanks a lot for the tests !!!
Laurent.
> Thanks ;)
>
>
> 2011/5/27 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>
>>
>> 2011/5/27 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>
>>> version 11: Added screenshot of bounding of visible windows
>>>
>>> test comming soon, give some time :)
>>>
>>
>>
>> No problem. Tell me when it's ready I will check & merge.
>>
>> Laurent.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>>
>>> 2011/5/27 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>
>>>> Ohhh look good and simple! I would suggest you use these renovated, but
>>>> it's too late, and also do not know if there may be some licensing issue:
>>>> http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/previews/index_abc.png
>>>>
>>>> A question, the correct way to load external icons in the image is used
>>>> ThemeIcons>>createIconMethodsFromDirectory: directory? that particular class
>>>> should be loaded? PharoUIThemeIcons or TWMBar, for example? in class o
>>>> instance side?
>>>>
>>>> 2011/5/27 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>
>>>>> Now with icons, and thanks Patrick for the icon generation idea :)
>>>>>
>>>>> Laurent.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> 2011/5/27 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>
>>>>>> Now added top window placement à la OptimizeLayout.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Need to find nice icons. Someone ?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Laurent.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 2011/5/26 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> :)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> - Now loads in PharoCore
>>>>>>>> - more tests
>>>>>>>> - fill all space even if number of windows is not square.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs <http://twitter.com/#!/lolgzs>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
>>>>>>>> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
>>>>>>>> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Gastòn,
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> I've downloaded the new version - thanks a lot for contributing,
>>>>>>>>>>>> it brings fun :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Some comment:
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> - tiling browsers don't work any more with
>>>>>>>>>>>> OB, WMWithAnOBBrowserAndDockingBarsTest does not create an OBBrowser anymore
>>>>>>>>>>>> but a Browser
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> In 1.3 core there's not OBBrowser, then, when trying to modify a
>>>>>>>>>>> method with reference to OBBrowser obtained an error. So I remove their
>>>>>>>>>>> references.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> I see. I will refactor this so it will be compatible with Core and
>>>>>>>>>> still work with OB (quite easy).
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> This would be great, because now I think, in a core are never the
>>>>>>>>> most useful tools (Seaside control panel, memory monitor), and TWM should
>>>>>>>>> know about them in some way (you apply a pattern to solve this problem?).
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> - you've changed TilingWM>>visibleWindows to TilingWM>>windows.
>>>>>>>>>>>> The "visible" was not innocent, because tileVisibleWindows cares about
>>>>>>>>>>>> windows that are not minimized. On the other side, tileWorkspaces tile all
>>>>>>>>>>>> workspaces, minimized or not. So I think in final we may have:
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> #tileVisibleWindows
>>>>>>>>>>>> #tileWindows (maybe #tileAllWindows is a better name)
>>>>>>>>>>>> #tileVisibleWorkspaces
>>>>>>>>>>>> #tileWorkspaces / #tileAllWorkspaces
>>>>>>>>>>>> ......
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Please, see you the comment in de versión 5 of de package, "Now
>>>>>>>>>>> all botton tile visibles windows.". I think it's better to just get
>>>>>>>>>>> organized visible windows, even when done on a particular kind (such as
>>>>>>>>>>> workspaces). For this is that the word was redundant now visible.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> I will think about this.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> When you have many windows, minimizing them is the way to let them
>>>>>>>>> "suspended", therefore I think it should be organized only visibles.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> - I will add tests to TWMBar finally as it seems to grow
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> - I want TilingWM to be 100% test coverage
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Sorry, give me some time for learn about this...
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Don't hesitate to ask.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> ok.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> - Balloon and spaces for TWMBar is a good idea - we need to make
>>>>>>>>>>>> this work effectively :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> yes
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> - Great to have all the buttons per type of applications !
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> it is still very rudimentary way to filter the windows, but it
>>>>>>>>>>> was helpful to learn about the hierarchy of classes 1.3, in regard to the
>>>>>>>>>>> Models for example.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Indeed I've disable TaskBarMorph in my image as it's useless now
>>>>>>>>>> :)
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Great!!!
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> I'll be honest, this is my first serious development in Squeak /
>>>>>>>>> Pharo, so it gives me much encouragement your comment, there is still much
>>>>>>>>> to learn and improve, but it is very encouraging to devote time to something
>>>>>>>>> that might be useful to others.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Laurent.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> I've merge some of your changes in TWM-LaurentLaffont.5
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> :)
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs <http://twitter.com/#!/lolgzs>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
>>>>>>>>>>>> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
>>>>>>>>>>>> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/25 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/25 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Excelent!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> IMHO, it's better that's not integrated to TaskBarMorph, lets
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> it free :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> For example, click in unused space of the TWMBar and you can
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> move it around you wish in the screen, similar to use
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DockingBarMorph>>beFloating. I attach screenshot.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Laurent, I improved (or not? :)) your work, if you think that
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> is bad for TWM simply undo it ;)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Feel free to play. Just try to write tests for TilingWM please
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> ok. I load a new version to ss. Now teh button tile visible
>>>>>>>>>>>>> windows only. I fixed the test...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> For TWMBar I'm not sure this will be a final GUI. Ideally all
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> will be keyboard driven, I have to play with KeyMapping.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> yes, sure.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I also think the UI theme Patrick has cleaned fits better with
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TilingWM:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> To try it:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gofer it
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> squeaksource: 'PBASandbox';
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> package: 'PBSandbox';
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> load.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> StandardUITheme beCurrent.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> See screenshot.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> I try, yes.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Patrick, could you push this with a nice package name ?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Laurent.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/25 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Now there's a button to open the world menu.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs <http://twitter.com/#!/lolgzs>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 11:20 AM, laurent laffont <
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> stephane.ducasse(a)inria.fr> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I do not understand.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> how can I get a browser?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hey, this is just a start :) I will add a button to open
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the world menu.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> once this is one is created I get the browser full screen
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> but then how do I get a chance to create a new one if I
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> want.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dividing the browsers based on the screen size results in
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rather small browsers :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> yes, but because browsers waste space IMHO. Maybe we could
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> get rid of windows borders when tiled.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Laurent.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stef
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > TWMBar new open.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > The real manager is TilingWM. Try:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > (TilingWM forWorld: World) tileVisibleWindows.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > (TilingWM forWorld: World) tileBrowsers.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > (TilingWM forWorld: World) tileWorkspaces.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>
May 28, 2011
Re: [Pharo-project] Tiling windows
by laurent laffont
Thanks a lot Bernardo.
Laurent.
On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 2:38 AM, Bernardo Ezequiel Contreras <
vonbecmann(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> TilingWM class>>numberOfLastUsedWindows was returning a boolean instead of
> a number. therefore i submitted a fix with a small test
> could you check it?
>
> the idea is awesome!![?]
>
>
> 2011/5/27 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>
>> Well, I coded 2 test, that's something: (
>> Laurent, at this point both my changes in your work must be something
>> heavy to do, but the less load my package in a clean image to see the idea
>> of keeping the UserTiles:)
>> http://www.squeaksource.com/TilingWindowManager/TWM-GastonDallOglio.14.mcz
>>
>> Thanks ;)
>>
>>
>> 2011/5/27 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>
>>>
>>> 2011/5/27 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>
>>>> version 11: Added screenshot of bounding of visible windows
>>>>
>>>> test comming soon, give some time :)
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> No problem. Tell me when it's ready I will check & merge.
>>>
>>> Laurent.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>> 2011/5/27 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>>
>>>>> Ohhh look good and simple! I would suggest you use these renovated, but
>>>>> it's too late, and also do not know if there may be some licensing issue:
>>>>> http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/previews/index_abc.png
>>>>>
>>>>> A question, the correct way to load external icons in the image is used
>>>>> ThemeIcons>>createIconMethodsFromDirectory: directory? that particular class
>>>>> should be loaded? PharoUIThemeIcons or TWMBar, for example? in class o
>>>>> instance side?
>>>>>
>>>>> 2011/5/27 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>
>>>>>> Now with icons, and thanks Patrick for the icon generation idea :)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Laurent.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 2011/5/27 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Now added top window placement à la OptimizeLayout.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Need to find nice icons. Someone ?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Laurent.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> :)
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> - Now loads in PharoCore
>>>>>>>>> - more tests
>>>>>>>>> - fill all space even if number of windows is not square.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs <http://twitter.com/#%21/lolgzs>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
>>>>>>>>> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
>>>>>>>>> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gastòn,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> I've downloaded the new version - thanks a lot for
>>>>>>>>>>>>> contributing, it brings fun :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Some comment:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> - tiling browsers don't work any more with
>>>>>>>>>>>>> OB, WMWithAnOBBrowserAndDockingBarsTest does not create an OBBrowser anymore
>>>>>>>>>>>>> but a Browser
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> In 1.3 core there's not OBBrowser, then, when trying to modify a
>>>>>>>>>>>> method with reference to OBBrowser obtained an error. So I remove their
>>>>>>>>>>>> references.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> I see. I will refactor this so it will be compatible with Core
>>>>>>>>>>> and still work with OB (quite easy).
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> This would be great, because now I think, in a core are never the
>>>>>>>>>> most useful tools (Seaside control panel, memory monitor), and TWM should
>>>>>>>>>> know about them in some way (you apply a pattern to solve this problem?).
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> - you've changed TilingWM>>visibleWindows to TilingWM>>windows.
>>>>>>>>>>>>> The "visible" was not innocent, because tileVisibleWindows cares about
>>>>>>>>>>>>> windows that are not minimized. On the other side, tileWorkspaces tile all
>>>>>>>>>>>>> workspaces, minimized or not. So I think in final we may have:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> #tileVisibleWindows
>>>>>>>>>>>>> #tileWindows (maybe #tileAllWindows is a better name)
>>>>>>>>>>>>> #tileVisibleWorkspaces
>>>>>>>>>>>>> #tileWorkspaces / #tileAllWorkspaces
>>>>>>>>>>>>> ......
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Please, see you the comment in de versión 5 of de package, "Now
>>>>>>>>>>>> all botton tile visibles windows.". I think it's better to just get
>>>>>>>>>>>> organized visible windows, even when done on a particular kind (such as
>>>>>>>>>>>> workspaces). For this is that the word was redundant now visible.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> I will think about this.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> When you have many windows, minimizing them is the way to let them
>>>>>>>>>> "suspended", therefore I think it should be organized only visibles.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> - I will add tests to TWMBar finally as it seems to grow
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> - I want TilingWM to be 100% test coverage
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Sorry, give me some time for learn about this...
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Don't hesitate to ask.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> ok.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> - Balloon and spaces for TWMBar is a good idea - we need to make
>>>>>>>>>>>>> this work effectively :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> yes
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> - Great to have all the buttons per type of applications !
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> it is still very rudimentary way to filter the windows, but it
>>>>>>>>>>>> was helpful to learn about the hierarchy of classes 1.3, in regard to the
>>>>>>>>>>>> Models for example.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Indeed I've disable TaskBarMorph in my image as it's useless now
>>>>>>>>>>> :)
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Great!!!
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> I'll be honest, this is my first serious development in Squeak /
>>>>>>>>>> Pharo, so it gives me much encouragement your comment, there is still much
>>>>>>>>>> to learn and improve, but it is very encouraging to devote time to something
>>>>>>>>>> that might be useful to others.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Laurent.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> I've merge some of your changes in TWM-LaurentLaffont.5
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs <http://twitter.com/#%21/lolgzs>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/25 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/25 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Excelent!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> IMHO, it's better that's not integrated to TaskBarMorph,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lets it free :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> For example, click in unused space of the TWMBar and you can
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> move it around you wish in the screen, similar to use
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DockingBarMorph>>beFloating. I attach screenshot.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Laurent, I improved (or not? :)) your work, if you think
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> that is bad for TWM simply undo it ;)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Feel free to play. Just try to write tests for TilingWM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> please :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ok. I load a new version to ss. Now teh button tile visible
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> windows only. I fixed the test...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> For TWMBar I'm not sure this will be a final GUI. Ideally all
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> will be keyboard driven, I have to play with KeyMapping.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> yes, sure.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I also think the UI theme Patrick has cleaned fits better
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> with TilingWM:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> To try it:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gofer it
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> squeaksource: 'PBASandbox';
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> package: 'PBSandbox';
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> load.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> StandardUITheme beCurrent.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> See screenshot.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I try, yes.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Patrick, could you push this with a nice package name ?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Laurent.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/25 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Now there's a button to open the world menu.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs <http://twitter.com/#%21/lolgzs>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 11:20 AM, laurent laffont <
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> stephane.ducasse(a)inria.fr> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I do not understand.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> how can I get a browser?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hey, this is just a start :) I will add a button to open
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the world menu.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> once this is one is created I get the browser full screen
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> but then how do I get a chance to create a new one if I
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> want.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dividing the browsers based on the screen size results in
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rather small browsers :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> yes, but because browsers waste space IMHO. Maybe we could
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> get rid of windows borders when tiled.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Laurent.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stef
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > TWMBar new open.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > The real manager is TilingWM. Try:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > (TilingWM forWorld: World) tileVisibleWindows.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > (TilingWM forWorld: World) tileBrowsers.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > (TilingWM forWorld: World) tileWorkspaces.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>
May 28, 2011
Re: [Pharo-project] [Pharo-users] Screencast on Tiling Window Manager
by laurent laffont
On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 8:33 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse(a)inria.fr
> wrote:
> cool
>
> a suggestion when you iconize the windows why not put them as "menu" of the
> main entries in the bar.
>
This is an idea, if someone can do it to help :)
Laurent.
>
> Stef
>
> On May 28, 2011, at 4:50 AM, Bernardo Ezequiel Contreras wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 7:14 PM, laurent laffont <
> laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Here: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/2011/05/tiling-window-manager.html
> >
> > Not really good, awful english (I'm tired :) but feedback is always
> welcome !
> >
> >
> > Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs
> >
> > Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
> > Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
> > Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st
> >
> >
> > <official-seal-of-awesomeness-3787_preview.png>
>
>
>
May 28, 2011
Re: [Pharo-project] [Pharo-users] Screencast on Tiling Window Manager
by laurent laffont
On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 8:36 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse(a)inria.fr
> wrote:
> continue improving it and we should integrate it :)
>
>
> any ideas to integrate somehow with the multiple worlds?
>
>
I've prepared it to integrate multiple worlds from the start :) So yes I
want multiple world.
Laurent
>
> > Here: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/2011/05/tiling-window-manager.html
> >
> > Not really good, awful english (I'm tired :) but feedback is always
> welcome !
>
> don't care :)
>
> >
> >
> > Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs
> >
> > Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
> > Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
> > Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st
> >
>
>
>
May 28, 2011
Re: [Pharo-project] [Pharo-users] Screencast on Tiling Window Manager
by Stéphane Ducasse
continue improving it and we should integrate it :)
any ideas to integrate somehow with the multiple worlds?
> Here: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/2011/05/tiling-window-manager.html
>
> Not really good, awful english (I'm tired :) but feedback is always welcome !
don't care :)
>
>
> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs
>
> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st
>
May 28, 2011
Re: [Pharo-project] [Pharo-users] Screencast on Tiling Window Manager
by Stéphane Ducasse
cool
a suggestion when you iconize the windows why not put them as "menu" of the main entries in the bar.
Stef
On May 28, 2011, at 4:50 AM, Bernardo Ezequiel Contreras wrote:
>
>
> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 7:14 PM, laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Here: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/2011/05/tiling-window-manager.html
>
> Not really good, awful english (I'm tired :) but feedback is always welcome !
>
>
> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs
>
> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st
>
>
> <official-seal-of-awesomeness-3787_preview.png>
May 28, 2011
Re: [Pharo-project] [Pharo-users] Screencast on Tiling Window Manager
by Bernardo Ezequiel Contreras
On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 7:14 PM, laurent laffont
<laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>wrote:
> Here: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/2011/05/tiling-window-manager.html
>
> Not really good, awful english (I'm tired :) but feedback is always
> welcome !
>
>
> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs <http://twitter.com/#%21/lolgzs>
>
> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st
>
>
May 28, 2011
Re: [Pharo-project] Tiling windows
by Bernardo Ezequiel Contreras
Hi,
TilingWM class>>numberOfLastUsedWindows was returning a boolean instead of a
number. therefore i submitted a fix with a small test
could you check it?
the idea is awesome!![?]
2011/5/27 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
> Well, I coded 2 test, that's something: (
> Laurent, at this point both my changes in your work must be something heavy
> to do, but the less load my package in a clean image to see the idea of
> keeping the UserTiles:)
> http://www.squeaksource.com/TilingWindowManager/TWM-GastonDallOglio.14.mcz
>
> Thanks ;)
>
>
> 2011/5/27 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>
>>
>> 2011/5/27 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>
>>> version 11: Added screenshot of bounding of visible windows
>>>
>>> test comming soon, give some time :)
>>>
>>
>>
>> No problem. Tell me when it's ready I will check & merge.
>>
>> Laurent.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>>
>>> 2011/5/27 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>
>>>> Ohhh look good and simple! I would suggest you use these renovated, but
>>>> it's too late, and also do not know if there may be some licensing issue:
>>>> http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/previews/index_abc.png
>>>>
>>>> A question, the correct way to load external icons in the image is used
>>>> ThemeIcons>>createIconMethodsFromDirectory: directory? that particular class
>>>> should be loaded? PharoUIThemeIcons or TWMBar, for example? in class o
>>>> instance side?
>>>>
>>>> 2011/5/27 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>
>>>>> Now with icons, and thanks Patrick for the icon generation idea :)
>>>>>
>>>>> Laurent.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> 2011/5/27 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>
>>>>>> Now added top window placement à la OptimizeLayout.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Need to find nice icons. Someone ?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Laurent.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 2011/5/26 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> :)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> - Now loads in PharoCore
>>>>>>>> - more tests
>>>>>>>> - fill all space even if number of windows is not square.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs <http://twitter.com/#%21/lolgzs>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
>>>>>>>> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
>>>>>>>> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Gastòn,
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> I've downloaded the new version - thanks a lot for contributing,
>>>>>>>>>>>> it brings fun :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Some comment:
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> - tiling browsers don't work any more with
>>>>>>>>>>>> OB, WMWithAnOBBrowserAndDockingBarsTest does not create an OBBrowser anymore
>>>>>>>>>>>> but a Browser
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> In 1.3 core there's not OBBrowser, then, when trying to modify a
>>>>>>>>>>> method with reference to OBBrowser obtained an error. So I remove their
>>>>>>>>>>> references.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> I see. I will refactor this so it will be compatible with Core and
>>>>>>>>>> still work with OB (quite easy).
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> This would be great, because now I think, in a core are never the
>>>>>>>>> most useful tools (Seaside control panel, memory monitor), and TWM should
>>>>>>>>> know about them in some way (you apply a pattern to solve this problem?).
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> - you've changed TilingWM>>visibleWindows to TilingWM>>windows.
>>>>>>>>>>>> The "visible" was not innocent, because tileVisibleWindows cares about
>>>>>>>>>>>> windows that are not minimized. On the other side, tileWorkspaces tile all
>>>>>>>>>>>> workspaces, minimized or not. So I think in final we may have:
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> #tileVisibleWindows
>>>>>>>>>>>> #tileWindows (maybe #tileAllWindows is a better name)
>>>>>>>>>>>> #tileVisibleWorkspaces
>>>>>>>>>>>> #tileWorkspaces / #tileAllWorkspaces
>>>>>>>>>>>> ......
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Please, see you the comment in de versión 5 of de package, "Now
>>>>>>>>>>> all botton tile visibles windows.". I think it's better to just get
>>>>>>>>>>> organized visible windows, even when done on a particular kind (such as
>>>>>>>>>>> workspaces). For this is that the word was redundant now visible.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> I will think about this.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> When you have many windows, minimizing them is the way to let them
>>>>>>>>> "suspended", therefore I think it should be organized only visibles.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> - I will add tests to TWMBar finally as it seems to grow
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> - I want TilingWM to be 100% test coverage
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Sorry, give me some time for learn about this...
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Don't hesitate to ask.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> ok.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> - Balloon and spaces for TWMBar is a good idea - we need to make
>>>>>>>>>>>> this work effectively :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> yes
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> - Great to have all the buttons per type of applications !
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> it is still very rudimentary way to filter the windows, but it
>>>>>>>>>>> was helpful to learn about the hierarchy of classes 1.3, in regard to the
>>>>>>>>>>> Models for example.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Indeed I've disable TaskBarMorph in my image as it's useless now
>>>>>>>>>> :)
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Great!!!
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> I'll be honest, this is my first serious development in Squeak /
>>>>>>>>> Pharo, so it gives me much encouragement your comment, there is still much
>>>>>>>>> to learn and improve, but it is very encouraging to devote time to something
>>>>>>>>> that might be useful to others.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Laurent.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> I've merge some of your changes in TWM-LaurentLaffont.5
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> :)
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs <http://twitter.com/#%21/lolgzs>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
>>>>>>>>>>>> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
>>>>>>>>>>>> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/26 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/25 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/25 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Excelent!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> IMHO, it's better that's not integrated to TaskBarMorph, lets
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> it free :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> For example, click in unused space of the TWMBar and you can
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> move it around you wish in the screen, similar to use
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DockingBarMorph>>beFloating. I attach screenshot.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Laurent, I improved (or not? :)) your work, if you think that
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> is bad for TWM simply undo it ;)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Feel free to play. Just try to write tests for TilingWM please
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> ok. I load a new version to ss. Now teh button tile visible
>>>>>>>>>>>>> windows only. I fixed the test...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> For TWMBar I'm not sure this will be a final GUI. Ideally all
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> will be keyboard driven, I have to play with KeyMapping.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> yes, sure.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I also think the UI theme Patrick has cleaned fits better with
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TilingWM:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> To try it:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gofer it
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> squeaksource: 'PBASandbox';
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> package: 'PBSandbox';
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> load.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> StandardUITheme beCurrent.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> See screenshot.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> I try, yes.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Patrick, could you push this with a nice package name ?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Laurent.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2011/5/25 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Now there's a button to open the world menu.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs <http://twitter.com/#%21/lolgzs>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Developer group: http://cara74.seasidehosting.st
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 11:20 AM, laurent laffont <
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> laurent.laffont(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> stephane.ducasse(a)inria.fr> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I do not understand.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> how can I get a browser?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hey, this is just a start :) I will add a button to open
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the world menu.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> once this is one is created I get the browser full screen
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> but then how do I get a chance to create a new one if I
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> want.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dividing the browsers based on the screen size results in
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rather small browsers :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> yes, but because browsers waste space IMHO. Maybe we could
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> get rid of windows borders when tiled.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Laurent.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stef
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > TWMBar new open.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > The real manager is TilingWM. Try:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > (TilingWM forWorld: World) tileVisibleWindows.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > (TilingWM forWorld: World) tileBrowsers.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > (TilingWM forWorld: World) tileWorkspaces.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>
May 28, 2011