Pharo-dev
By thread
pharo-dev@lists.pharo.org
By month
Messages by month
- ----- 2026 -----
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2025 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2024 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2023 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2022 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2021 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2020 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2019 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2018 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2017 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2016 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2015 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2014 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2013 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2012 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2011 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2010 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2009 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2008 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- 3 participants
- 144622 messages
[pharo-project/pharo-core] 9e65f1: 30526
by GitHub
Branch: refs/heads/3.0
Home: https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-core
Commit: 9e65f148f79b2b0c5c30be76e1b30818bae4003e
https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-core/commit/9e65f148f79b2b0c5c30be76…
Author: Jenkins Build Server <board(a)pharo-project.org>
Date: 2013-10-25 (Fri, 25 Oct 2013)
Changed paths:
M Nautilus.package/AbstractNautilusUI.class/instance/private/rootsOfGroup_.st
M Nautilus.package/AbstractNautilusUI.class/instance/private/rootsOf_.st
M Nautilus.package/AbstractNautilusUI.class/instance/system announcements/packageRenamed_.st
M Nautilus.package/AbstractNautilusUI.class/instance/system announcements/packageUnregistred_.st
M Nautilus.package/Nautilus.class/instance/browser compatibility/labelString.st
M RPackage-Core.package/RPackage.class/instance/class tags/classNamesForClassTag_.st
M RPackage-Tests.package/RPackageReadOnlyCompleteSetupTest.class/instance/test tag class/testAddTag.st
M RPackage-Tests.package/RPackageReadOnlyCompleteSetupTest.class/instance/test tag class/testAddTagNames.st
A ScriptLoader30.package/ScriptLoader.class/instance/pharo - scripts/script181.st
A ScriptLoader30.package/ScriptLoader.class/instance/pharo - updates/update30526.st
M ScriptLoader30.package/ScriptLoader.class/instance/public/commentForCurrentUpdate.st
A System-Sound.package/SoundSystem.class/instance/accessing/soundEnabled_.st
Log Message:
-----------
30526
11521 Error with soundEnabled:
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/11521
12010 trivial cleanup in Nautilus
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/12010
11968 failing tests in RPackageReadOnlyCompleteSetupTest
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/11968/
http://files.pharo.org/image/30/30526.zip
Oct. 25, 2013
Re: [Pharo-dev] Use #shouldnt:raise: only with specific errors, or evaluate the given expression directly
by Chris Muller
We should not continue this old discussion. We've already debated
this ad naseum. Thank you Pharo guys for exploring what can be done
when all constraints are removed! Thank you Squeak guys for advancing
in a way that caters to legacy applications.
On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Levente Uzonyi <leves(a)elte.hu> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Oct 2013, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>>
>>> I'm sorry if you guys didn't get my message, but it was as serious as it
>>> could be.
>>
>>
>> Ok fair :)
>>
>>> I understand that you don't what to be backwards compatible, because it
>>> makes it easier to change stuff.
>>> As I see, people need various levels of backwards compatibility.
>>
>>
>> Indeed but the right level is important ;)
>> I help maintaining Moose and its several couple of tenth of packages as
>> well as the pharoExtras packages
>> so I think that I'm exposed to API changes. Just today I fixed the
>> PharoSound package (full of ugly code BTW)
>
>
> That's nice, but AFAIK Moose is Pharo-only, so you only have to follow your
> own changes.
>
>
>>
>>> Currently the package maintainers are the most affected, who would like
>>> to provide the same codebase for various versions of Pharo, and/or other
>>> Smalltalk dialects.
>>
>>
>> there is a bit of utopia there but why not. I prefer to see a system
>> getting better than my code just loading in
>> a system slowly improving. I can control when I want to migrate my apps.
>
>
> This is where the level of backwards compatibility comes into the picture.
> For example the official release of Seaside is still based on Pharo 1.3, and
> the reason for that is the frequent changes of core functionality.
>
>
>>
>>> As time passes, and the number of users increases, you'll have to give
>>> in, and provide it some way.
>>
>>
>> What I was thinking for example (and I will build it) is an automatic stub
>> creation to support the
>> loading of package where a class is missing in the existing system.
>
>
> I don't see how this is benefical, or how it addresses the increasing demand
> for backwards compatibility.
>
>
>> I also love the evolution analysis made by andre that generates rules to
>> check migration
>> we should add automatic code transformation. I would like to keep
>> refactoring that we can apply
>> when people want to migrate. And we will get there because we start to
>> have a good infrastructure.
>> So once the infrastructure does not suck all our time then we will build
>> the next generation tools.
>> And this is starting :)
>>
>>
>>>> We are all committed to build a robust and clean system that people can
>>>> use to
>>>> create their own wealth and feed their family. We are
>>>> making HUGE progress. I mean REALLY HUGE and the space it opens is
>>>> LARGE.
>>>
>>>
>>> I'm not following the developement of Pharo closely anymore, mainly
>>> because it's not transparent enough for my taste.
>>
>> You will complain about the fogbuz stuff and we will answer that we hate
>> that google forced us
>> to move. And this is like that.
>
>
> Well, fogbugz is just part of it, and somewhat less important than actual
> code changes.
> There are two kind of diffs posted to this mailing list. One for the changes
> on smalltalkhub, and the other is from github. The latter is totally
> useless, because it contains no code, just the name of the methods in the
> changed packages. The former is totally broken, because smalltalkhub can't
> create the diff, if the direct ancestor of the package is missing, and in
> 90%+ of the cases, you jump more than one mcz versions.
>
>
>>
>>> I see that you're making big changes, but I still haven't seen the
>>> breakthrough: I don't see the advantage of using Pharo over another open
>>> source Smalltalk dialect, from business point of view.
>>
>>
>> It is just a question of view. For me a new compiler, debugger, inspector,
>> filesystem, http
>> server and many more is enough. And in addition the consortium means that
>> slowly
>> we will give an autonomous live to Pharo not based on free time of people.
>
>
> I can only repeat myself; these changes are great, but it's not a
> breakthrough.
>
>
> Levente
>
>>
>> Stef
>>
>>
>
Oct. 25, 2013
Re: [Pharo-dev] Use #shouldnt:raise: only with specific errors, or evaluate the given expression directly
by Levente Uzonyi
On Fri, 25 Oct 2013, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> I'm sorry if you guys didn't get my message, but it was as serious as it could be.
>
> Ok fair :)
>
>> I understand that you don't what to be backwards compatible, because it makes it easier to change stuff.
>> As I see, people need various levels of backwards compatibility.
>
> Indeed but the right level is important ;)
> I help maintaining Moose and its several couple of tenth of packages as well as the pharoExtras packages
> so I think that I'm exposed to API changes. Just today I fixed the PharoSound package (full of ugly code BTW)
That's nice, but AFAIK Moose is Pharo-only, so you only have to follow
your own changes.
>
>> Currently the package maintainers are the most affected, who would like to provide the same codebase for various versions of Pharo, and/or other Smalltalk dialects.
>
> there is a bit of utopia there but why not. I prefer to see a system getting better than my code just loading in
> a system slowly improving. I can control when I want to migrate my apps.
This is where the level of backwards compatibility comes into the picture.
For example the official release of Seaside is still based on Pharo 1.3,
and the reason for that is the frequent changes of core functionality.
>
>> As time passes, and the number of users increases, you'll have to give in, and provide it some way.
>
> What I was thinking for example (and I will build it) is an automatic stub creation to support the
> loading of package where a class is missing in the existing system.
I don't see how this is benefical, or how it addresses the increasing
demand for backwards compatibility.
> I also love the evolution analysis made by andre that generates rules to check migration
> we should add automatic code transformation. I would like to keep refactoring that we can apply
> when people want to migrate. And we will get there because we start to have a good infrastructure.
> So once the infrastructure does not suck all our time then we will build the next generation tools.
> And this is starting :)
>
>
>>> We are all committed to build a robust and clean system that people can use to
>>> create their own wealth and feed their family. We are
>>> making HUGE progress. I mean REALLY HUGE and the space it opens is LARGE.
>>
>> I'm not following the developement of Pharo closely anymore, mainly because it's not transparent enough for my taste.
> You will complain about the fogbuz stuff and we will answer that we hate that google forced us
> to move. And this is like that.
Well, fogbugz is just part of it, and somewhat less important than actual
code changes.
There are two kind of diffs posted to this mailing list. One for the
changes on smalltalkhub, and the other is from github. The latter is
totally useless, because it contains no code, just the name of the methods
in the changed packages. The former is totally broken, because
smalltalkhub can't create the diff, if the direct ancestor of the package
is missing, and in 90%+ of the cases, you jump more than one mcz versions.
>
>> I see that you're making big changes, but I still haven't seen the breakthrough: I don't see the advantage of using Pharo over another open source Smalltalk dialect, from business point of view.
>
> It is just a question of view. For me a new compiler, debugger, inspector, filesystem, http
> server and many more is enough. And in addition the consortium means that slowly
> we will give an autonomous live to Pharo not based on free time of people.
I can only repeat myself; these changes are great, but it's not a
breakthrough.
Levente
>
> Stef
>
>
>
Oct. 25, 2013
Re: [Pharo-dev] AspectS, PHANtom - Aspects in Pharo
by Stéphane Ducasse
Not really and frankly I would not use that.
What is your case?
Stef
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering what the state of Aspect programming was in Pharo.
>
> Googling a bit turned the title mentioned projects.
>
> Do we anything loadable and more or less stable for Pharo2.x?
>
> I'd like to use some of that.
>
> TIA
> Phil
Oct. 25, 2013
[update 3.0] #30525
by Stéphane Ducasse
30525
-----
- Issue: 12009 BitBlt current -> BitBlt
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/12009/BitBlt-current-BitBlt
- Issue: 12013: Zinc Character Encoding and Resource Meta update
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/12013/
- Issue: 12014 Extract History from Nautilus-History
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/12014/
Diff information:
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/Pharo30/main/Zinc-Resource-Meta-Tests-Step…
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/Pharo30/main/Zinc-Resource-Meta-Core-Steph…
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/Pharo30/main/Zinc-Character-Encoding-Core-…
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/Pharo30/main/System-Support-StephaneDucass…
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/Pharo30/main/Nautilus-StephaneDucasse.586.…
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/Pharo30/main/Morphic-Core-StephaneDucasse.…
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/Pharo30/main/Morphic-Base-StephaneDucasse.…
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/Pharo30/main/History-StephaneDucasse.1.diff
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/Pharo30/main/Graphics-Primitives-StephaneD…
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/Pharo30/main/Graphics-Fonts-StephaneDucass…
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/Pharo30/main/Graphics-Files-StephaneDucass…
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/Pharo30/main/Graphics-Display Objects-StephaneDucasse.134.diff
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/Pharo30/main/Fuel-StephaneDucasse.785.diff
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/Pharo30/main/FreeType-StephaneDucasse.644.…
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/Pharo30/main/Collections-Streams-StephaneD…
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Pharo/Pharo30/main/AST-Interpreter-Test-Stephane…
Oct. 25, 2013
[pharo-project/pharo-core]
by GitHub
Branch: refs/tags/30525
Home: https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-core
Oct. 25, 2013
[pharo-project/pharo-core] 61fb24: 30525
by GitHub
Branch: refs/heads/3.0
Home: https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-core
Commit: 61fb24eb5859e30b04a664958cb7bda70de6dcce
https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-core/commit/61fb24eb5859e30b04a66495…
Author: Jenkins Build Server <board(a)pharo-project.org>
Date: 2013-10-25 (Fri, 25 Oct 2013)
Changed paths:
M Collections-Streams.package/PositionableStream.class/instance/accessing/nextWordsInto_.st
M FreeType.package/GlyphForm.class/instance/converting/asFormOfDepth_.st
M Fuel.package/FLBufferedWriteStream.class/instance/private/copyWordObjectToBuffer_.st
M Fuel.package/extension/PositionableStream/instance/fuelNextWordsInto_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/ColorForm.class/instance/copying/copy_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/ColorForm.class/instance/pixel accessing/pixelValueAt_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/DisplayMedium.class/instance/coloring/fillShape_fillColor_at_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/DisplayObject.class/instance/displaying-display/follow_while_bitsBehind_startingLoc_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/DisplayScreen.class/instance/displaying/copyBits_from_at_clippingBox_rule_fillColor_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/DisplayScreen.class/instance/displaying/copyBits_from_at_clippingBox_rule_fillColor_map_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/class/instance creation/dotOfSize_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/analyzing/pixelCompare_with_at_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/analyzing/primCountBits.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/analyzing/rectangleEnclosingPixelsNotOfColor_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/analyzing/tallyPixelValuesInRect_into_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/analyzing/xTallyPixelValue_orNot_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/analyzing/yTallyPixelValue_orNot_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/bordering/border_width_rule_fillColor_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/color mapping/mapColor_to_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/color mapping/mapColors_to_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/converting/asFormOfDepth_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/converting/asGrayScale.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/copying/copyBits_at_translucent_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/copying/copyBits_from_at_clippingBox_rule_fillColor_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/copying/copyBits_from_at_clippingBox_rule_fillColor_map_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/copying/copyBits_from_at_colorMap_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/copying/copy_from_in_rule_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/displaying/drawLine_from_to_clippingBox_rule_fillColor_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/displaying/paintBits_at_translucent_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/filling/eraseShape_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/filling/fillFromXYColorBlock_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/filling/fill_rule_fillColor_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/filling/findShapeAroundSeedBlock_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/image manipulation/replaceColor_withColor_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/image manipulation/smear_distance_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/pixel access/pixelValueAt_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/Form.class/instance/pixel access/pixelValueAt_put_.st
M Graphics-Display Objects.package/InfiniteForm.class/instance/displaying/displayOn_at_clippingBox_rule_fillColor_.st
M Graphics-Files.package/JPEGReadWriter.class/instance/public access/nextImageDitheredToDepth_.st
M Graphics-Files.package/PNGReadWriter.class/instance/pixel copies/copyPixelsGrayAlpha_.st
M Graphics-Files.package/PNGReadWriter.class/instance/pixel copies/copyPixelsGrayAlpha_at_by_.st
M Graphics-Files.package/PNGReadWriter.class/instance/pixel copies/copyPixelsGray_.st
M Graphics-Files.package/PNGReadWriter.class/instance/pixel copies/copyPixelsGray_at_by_.st
M Graphics-Files.package/PNGReadWriter.class/instance/pixel copies/copyPixelsIndexed_at_by_.st
M Graphics-Fonts.package/StrikeFont.class/instance/displaying/displayLine_at_.st
M Graphics-Fonts.package/StrikeFont.class/instance/emphasis/bonk_with_.st
M Graphics-Fonts.package/StrikeFontSet.class/instance/as yet unclassified/displayLine_at_.st
A Graphics-Primitives.package/BitBlt.class/class/deprecated/current.st
R Graphics-Primitives.package/BitBlt.class/class/instance creation/current.st
M Graphics-Primitives.package/WarpBlt.class/instance/primitives/warpBitsSmoothing_sourceMap_.st
A History.package/HistoryCollection.class/README.md
A History.package/HistoryCollection.class/class/instance creation/maxSize_.st
A History.package/HistoryCollection.class/definition.st
A History.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/accessing/maxSize.st
A History.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/accessing/maxSize_.st
A History.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/initialization/initialize.st
A History.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/add_.st
A History.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/at_.st
A History.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/elements.st
A History.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/identityIncludes_.st
A History.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/includes_.st
A History.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/lessSeen.st
A History.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/mostSeen.st
A History.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/mostViewedElements.st
A History.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/oldest.st
A History.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/removeLast.st
A History.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/remove_.st
A History.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/size.st
A History.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/youngest.st
A History.package/NavigationHistory.class/README.md
A History.package/NavigationHistory.class/class/accessing/defaultMaxSize.st
A History.package/NavigationHistory.class/definition.st
A History.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/collection compatibility/add_.st
A History.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/initialization/initialize.st
A History.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/private/checkSize.st
A History.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/addEntry_.st
A History.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/back.st
A History.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/basicAdd_.st
A History.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/current.st
A History.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/entries.st
A History.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/last.st
A History.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/maxSize.st
A History.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/maxSize_.st
A History.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/next.st
A History.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/pauseDuring_.st
A History.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/previous.st
A History.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/removeEntry_.st
A History.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/removeLastEntry.st
A History.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/replaceCurrentWith_.st
A History.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/testing/hasNext.st
A History.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/testing/hasPrevious.st
A History.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/testing/isPaused.st
M Morphic-Base.package/PolygonMorph.class/instance/private/computeArrowFormAt_from_.st
M Morphic-Base.package/PolygonMorph.class/instance/private/filledForm.st
M Morphic-Core.package/FormCanvas.class/instance/other/showAt_invalidRects_.st
M Morphic-Core.package/PasteUpMorph.class/instance/world state/flashRects_color_.st
R Nautilus.package/HistoryCollection.class/README.md
R Nautilus.package/HistoryCollection.class/class/instance creation/maxSize_.st
R Nautilus.package/HistoryCollection.class/definition.st
R Nautilus.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/accessing/maxSize.st
R Nautilus.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/accessing/maxSize_.st
R Nautilus.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/initialization/initialize.st
R Nautilus.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/add_.st
R Nautilus.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/at_.st
R Nautilus.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/elements.st
R Nautilus.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/identityIncludes_.st
R Nautilus.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/includes_.st
R Nautilus.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/lessSeen.st
R Nautilus.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/mostSeen.st
R Nautilus.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/mostViewedElements.st
R Nautilus.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/oldest.st
R Nautilus.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/removeLast.st
R Nautilus.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/remove_.st
R Nautilus.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/size.st
R Nautilus.package/HistoryCollection.class/instance/protocol/youngest.st
R Nautilus.package/NavigationHistory.class/README.md
R Nautilus.package/NavigationHistory.class/class/accessing/defaultMaxSize.st
R Nautilus.package/NavigationHistory.class/definition.st
R Nautilus.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/collection compatibility/add_.st
R Nautilus.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/initialization/initialize.st
R Nautilus.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/private/checkSize.st
R Nautilus.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/addEntry_.st
R Nautilus.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/back.st
R Nautilus.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/basicAdd_.st
R Nautilus.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/current.st
R Nautilus.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/entries.st
R Nautilus.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/last.st
R Nautilus.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/maxSize.st
R Nautilus.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/maxSize_.st
R Nautilus.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/next.st
R Nautilus.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/pauseDuring_.st
R Nautilus.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/previous.st
R Nautilus.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/removeEntry_.st
R Nautilus.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/removeLastEntry.st
R Nautilus.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/protocol/replaceCurrentWith_.st
R Nautilus.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/testing/hasNext.st
R Nautilus.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/testing/hasPrevious.st
R Nautilus.package/NavigationHistory.class/instance/testing/isPaused.st
A ScriptLoader30.package/ScriptLoader.class/instance/pharo - scripts/script180.st
A ScriptLoader30.package/ScriptLoader.class/instance/pharo - updates/update30525.st
M ScriptLoader30.package/ScriptLoader.class/instance/public/commentForCurrentUpdate.st
M System-Support.package/SystemNavigation.class/instance/private/createMethodNamed_realParent_.st
A Zinc-Character-Encoding-Core.package/ZnPercentEncoder.class/class/accessing/rfc3986UnreservedCharacters.st
M Zinc-Character-Encoding-Core.package/ZnPercentEncoder.class/instance/accessing/safeSet.st
M Zinc-Character-Encoding-Core.package/ZnPercentEncoder.class/instance/converting/encode_to_.st
A Zinc-Character-Encoding-Core.package/ZnPercentEncoder.class/instance/private/writeHex_to_.st
A Zinc-Resource-Meta-Core.package/ZnResourceMetaUtils.class/class/accessing/querySafeSet.st
A Zinc-Resource-Meta-Core.package/ZnResourceMetaUtils.class/class/accessing/rfc3986SafeSet.st
A Zinc-Resource-Meta-Core.package/ZnResourceMetaUtils.class/class/accessing/urlPathSafeSet.st
A Zinc-Resource-Meta-Core.package/ZnResourceMetaUtils.class/class/conversions/encodePercent_encoding_.st
A Zinc-Resource-Meta-Core.package/ZnResourceMetaUtils.class/class/conversions/encodePercent_safeSet_encoding_.st
R Zinc-Resource-Meta-Core.package/ZnResourceMetaUtils.class/class/conversions/encodePercent_withEncoding_.st
M Zinc-Resource-Meta-Core.package/ZnResourceMetaUtils.class/class/conversions/writeQueryFields_withTextEncoding_on_.st
A Zinc-Resource-Meta-Core.package/ZnUrl.class/instance/accessing/mailToAddress.st
M Zinc-Resource-Meta-Core.package/ZnUrl.class/instance/accessing/scheme_.st
M Zinc-Resource-Meta-Core.package/ZnUrl.class/instance/parsing/parseAuthority_from_to_.st
M Zinc-Resource-Meta-Core.package/ZnUrl.class/instance/parsing/parseFrom_defaultScheme_.st
M Zinc-Resource-Meta-Core.package/ZnUrl.class/instance/parsing/parseHostPort_.st
M Zinc-Resource-Meta-Core.package/ZnUrl.class/instance/printing/printPathOn_.st
M Zinc-Resource-Meta-Core.package/ZnUrl.class/instance/printing/printPathQueryFragmentOn_.st
A Zinc-Resource-Meta-Core.package/ZnUrl.class/instance/private/encodePath_on_.st
A Zinc-Resource-Meta-Core.package/ZnUrl.class/instance/private/encodeQuery_on_.st
M Zinc-Resource-Meta-Core.package/ZnUrl.class/instance/private/encode_on_.st
A Zinc-Resource-Meta-Core.package/extension/FileStream/instance/asZnUrl.st
A Zinc-Resource-Meta-Tests.package/ZnMimeTypeTests.class/instance/testing/testLegacy.st
A Zinc-Resource-Meta-Tests.package/ZnUrlTests.class/instance/testing/testComponentSpecifcEncoding.st
A Zinc-Resource-Meta-Tests.package/ZnUrlTests.class/instance/testing/testMailto.st
M Zinc-Resource-Meta-Tests.package/ZnUrlTests.class/instance/testing/testQueryEncoding.st
Log Message:
-----------
30525
- Issue: 12009 BitBlt current -> BitBlt
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/12009/BitBlt-current-BitBlt
- Issue: 12013: Zinc Character Encoding and Resource Meta update
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/12013/
- Issue: 12014 Extract History from Nautilus-History
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/12014/
http://files.pharo.org/image/30/30525.zip
Oct. 25, 2013
AspectS, PHANtom - Aspects in Pharo
by phil@highoctane.be
Hello,
I was wondering what the state of Aspect programming was in Pharo.
Googling a bit turned the title mentioned projects.
Do we anything loadable and more or less stable for Pharo2.x?
I'd like to use some of that.
TIA
Phil
Oct. 25, 2013
Re: [Pharo-dev] Use #shouldnt:raise: only with specific errors, or evaluate the given expression directly
by Stéphane Ducasse
> I'm sorry if you guys didn't get my message, but it was as serious as it could be.
Ok fair :)
> I understand that you don't what to be backwards compatible, because it makes it easier to change stuff.
> As I see, people need various levels of backwards compatibility.
Indeed but the right level is important ;)
I help maintaining Moose and its several couple of tenth of packages as well as the pharoExtras packages
so I think that I'm exposed to API changes. Just today I fixed the PharoSound package (full of ugly code BTW)
> Currently the package maintainers are the most affected, who would like to provide the same codebase for various versions of Pharo, and/or other Smalltalk dialects.
there is a bit of utopia there but why not. I prefer to see a system getting better than my code just loading in
a system slowly improving. I can control when I want to migrate my apps.
> As time passes, and the number of users increases, you'll have to give in, and provide it some way.
What I was thinking for example (and I will build it) is an automatic stub creation to support the
loading of package where a class is missing in the existing system.
I also love the evolution analysis made by andre that generates rules to check migration
we should add automatic code transformation. I would like to keep refactoring that we can apply
when people want to migrate. And we will get there because we start to have a good infrastructure.
So once the infrastructure does not suck all our time then we will build the next generation tools.
And this is starting :)
>> We are all committed to build a robust and clean system that people can use to
>> create their own wealth and feed their family. We are
>> making HUGE progress. I mean REALLY HUGE and the space it opens is LARGE.
>
> I'm not following the developement of Pharo closely anymore, mainly because it's not transparent enough for my taste.
You will complain about the fogbuz stuff and we will answer that we hate that google forced us
to move. And this is like that.
> I see that you're making big changes, but I still haven't seen the breakthrough: I don't see the advantage of using Pharo over another open source Smalltalk dialect, from business point of view.
It is just a question of view. For me a new compiler, debugger, inspector, filesystem, http
server and many more is enough. And in addition the consortium means that slowly
we will give an autonomous live to Pharo not based on free time of people.
Stef
Oct. 25, 2013
Re: [Pharo-dev] Unwind error during termination
by Stéphane Ducasse
If I remember correctly andreas wrote the tests.
I always like them.
Stef
> The author of the test is Andreas Raab, but I'm not sure who found it (excavating mailing list is hard work)
>
>
> 2013/10/25 Igor Stasenko <siguctua(a)gmail.com>
>
>
>
> On 25 October 2013 00:26, Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hard to debug this kind of code :(
> This is reproducible on Squeak wiht on:do:, so on:fork: bizareness apart, this is another flaw in exception handling, along with wrong handler for nested exception (testHandlerFromAction below), unless it's an avatar.
>
> Still, I do not see how you get the errorSubscriptBound:...
> In Squeak that would mean that you sent #handleSignal: to a not isHandlerContext ContextPart...
> I never saw this, but if Eliot says so...
>
>
>
> ExceptionTests>>testHandlerFromAction
> "A test ensuring that nested exceptions work as expected."
>
> | result |
> result := [
> [
> [self error: 'trigger error'] on: ZeroDivide do: [ :ex | 'inner' ]
> ] on: Error do: [ :ex | 3 / 0 ]
> ] on: ZeroDivide do: [ :ex | 'outer' ].
> self assert: 'outer' equals: result description: 'Incorrect handler'.
>
> good find :)
>
> https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/11996/Wrong-exception-handler-problem
>
>
>
> 2013/10/24 Igor Stasenko <siguctua(a)gmail.com>
>
> ok, it seems i found how to reproduce the situation with following:
>
> [ [ 1/0 ] ensure: [ nil foo ] ] on: Error fork: [ :ex | 1halt ]
>
> you will get halt, and if you close the debugger , it will throw unwind error.
> (while instead it should throw DNU)
>
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.
>
>
>
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko.
>
Oct. 25, 2013