Pharo-dev
By thread
pharo-dev@lists.pharo.org
By month
Messages by month
- ----- 2026 -----
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2025 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2024 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2023 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2022 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2021 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2020 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2019 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2018 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2017 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2016 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2015 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2014 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2013 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2012 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2011 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2010 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2009 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2008 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- 2 participants
- 144621 messages
Re: [Pharo-dev] about the Pharo Catalog
by Stéphane Ducasse
> I'm now adding it for OpenDBX and glorp. We should create lint rules for it ;)
please!
I want to add support for catalogMainContact too
>
>
> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse(a)inria.fr> wrote:
> Yes :)
> In the output of the catalog itself
>
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/PharoProjectCatalog/HTML_Report/?
>
> There is probably a typo in the generator catalogkeyClassesAndExample => catalogKeyClassesAndExample
> 1. Aconcagua
> Please define a class method named catalogDescription returning a paragraph of description in the configuration class.
>
> 1.1. Keywords
> Please define a class method named catalogKeywords returning an array of symbols in the configuration class.
>
> 1.2. Key classes and Implementations Notes
> Please define a class method named catalogkeyClassesAndExample returning a paragraph describing the most important classes of the project and relevant information such as an example.
>
> 1.3. Key change logs
> Please define a class method named catalogChangeLog returning a paragraph describing the most important changes in the configuration class. We suggest to use the following format:
>
> Version number - Date - topics
>
> ConfigurationOfXXX project version: 'xx' ) load
> or simply
>
> Version number - Date - topics
> Version number - Date - topics
> Version number - Date - topics
>
>
> On Dec 12, 2013, at 10:49 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> is there a place where I can see the metadata methods I need to implement?
>>
>> Esteban
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse(a)inria.fr> wrote:
>> Hi guys
>>
>> I really want to have an official catalog soon, so please add the missing metadata in your configurations.
>> In addition I was discussing with robert pergl from Prague and he told me that
>> when he has a problem with a package he does not know to whom he should report so
>> I would like to add a catalogContact section.
>> Any idea for improvement.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>
>
Dec. 13, 2013
Re: [Pharo-dev] Which tests should be run in CI?
by Stéphane Ducasse
On Dec 12, 2013, at 7:21 PM, Chris Cunningham <cunningham.cb(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> If it is a compatibility layer, then now that Pharo has it's own #package, shouldn't the Pharo version of Grease just not include it anymore? Once the various Smalltalks start to implement what it is claiming it wants, the compatibility layer for that dialect should change, I would think. So, Seaside should still use #packages, but on Pharo, it gets the native #packages results.
This is exactly the point.
> This assumes that what Grease wants out of package is what Pharo provides - and it is possible that Grease will need different compatibility artifacts to make the Pharo results match what Grease expects.
>
> I would think from a Grease perspective, the ideal world is to have nothing left in Grease at all because all of the dialects have implemented everything they want, in at least the minimal way they wanted. As a step towards that, having one dialect removing the need for Grease would also be a big, happy step forward.
Exactly!!!!
Dec. 13, 2013
Re: [Pharo-dev] Tell me about your workflow
by Stéphane Ducasse
try with Moose.
Stef
On Dec 12, 2013, at 4:20 PM, Yuriy Tymchuk <yuriy.tymchuk(a)me.com> wrote:
> Pharo10 on SmalltalkHub is humongous. You can definitely do a stress test with it :)
>
> Uko
>
> On 12 Dec 2013, at 15:43, GOUBIER Thierry <thierry.goubier(a)cea.fr> wrote:
>
>> I would need a large project, composed of one or more packages, with more than 150~200 classes, which triggers the slow read and writing times Sebastian experience. And, probably, to be complete, a long and complex commit history in git (> 100 commits).
>>
>> I'll keep in mind the idea of creating one randomly ;)
>>
>> Thierry
>>
>> De : Pharo-dev [pharo-dev-bounces(a)lists.pharo.org] de la part de Yuriy Tymchuk [yuriy.tymchuk(a)me.com]
>> Date d'envoi : jeudi 12 décembre 2013 15:37
>> Ã : Pharo Development List
>> Objet : Re: [Pharo-dev] Tell me about your workflow
>>
>> Are you interested in a package or a project? I can provide you information based on size, etcâ¦
>>
>> Uko
>>
>> On 12 Dec 2013, at 15:30, GOUBIER Thierry <thierry.goubier(a)cea.fr> wrote:
>>
>>> I gave up running gitfiletree on 1.4 :(
>>>
>>> It's possible to use gitfiletree from a 2.0 or a 3.0 image to browse your git repository, but testing the writing will be an issue.
>>>
>>> My best chance would be to find a large enough package I can use on 2.0 or 3.0 to test and profile. Does anybody has a large enough package which could fit? Anything that doesn't require a NDA to read it, of course. Is Roassal large enough?
>>>
>>> Thierry
>>>
>>> De : Pharo-dev [pharo-dev-bounces(a)lists.pharo.org] de la part de Sebastian Sastre [sebastian(a)flowingconcept.com]
>>> Date d'envoi : jeudi 12 décembre 2013 12:12
>>> Ã : Pharo Development List
>>> Objet : Re: [Pharo-dev] Tell me about your workflow
>>>
>>> gee the big code package is airflowing which I have, quite conservatively, running on #14438 images
>>>
>>> I load filetree like this:
>>>
>>> Gofer new
>>> url: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/FileTree';
>>> package: 'ConfigurationOfFileTree';
>>> load.
>>> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfFileTree) project version: #'stable') load.
>>>
>>> and it never complained
>>>
>>> let me know
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Dec 12, 2013, at 3:53 AM, GOUBIER Thierry <thierry.goubier(a)cea.fr> wrote:
>>>
>>>> If you would be ready to profile a package save on your repository, it would be great. In the mean time, I'll make available a special gitfiletree package to test. Which version of Pharo you are using? 2.0 or 3.0?
>>>>
>>>> Regards,
>>>>
>>>> Thierry
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> De : Pharo-dev [pharo-dev-bounces(a)lists.pharo.org] de la part de Sebastian Sastre [sebastian(a)flowingconcept.com]
>>>> Date d'envoi : mercredi 11 décembre 2013 17:09
>>>> Ã : Pharo Development List
>>>> Objet : Re: [Pharo-dev] Tell me about your workflow
>>>>
>>>> ok, if saving is dumping all, then 3 is confirmed? After the first commit, I'd say so.
>>>>
>>>> about 2, I don't know. I'm available to make tests and measure results
>>>>
>>>> have a nice trip, keep us tuned about any progress
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Dec 11, 2013, at 2:09 PM, Goubier Thierry <thierry.goubier(a)cea.fr> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Yes, you're right in the general case.
>>>>>
>>>>> But a solution to that general problem will take time to be implemented (time I lack at the moment, sadly) and if the main gain is a few % because it's writing the version file and the metadata for methods which are the "slow" factors, then we'll have worked hard for nothing.
>>>>>
>>>>> If you want to help, I'd really like to see either 2- or 3- confirmed. I can produce a special gitfiletree to remove writing the metadata, that you can try on a large project temporary copy; if the slow writing (and reading) is confirmed, then this is 3-
>>>>>
>>>>> (But I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow early, so I have no idea of when I'll have the time to do that :( ).
>>>>>
>>>>> Thierry
>>>>>
>>>>> Le 11/12/2013 16:44, Sebastian Sastre a écrit :
>>>>>> Without entering in details, a cause for slow package write is dumping
>>>>>> all every time.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> For that strategy, we already have the image save which is magically fast.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> So, if we make something to scan the code and write only when it's
>>>>>> different from what's on disk, then we would be preventing tons of
>>>>>> redundant writes
>>>>>>
>>>>>> sebastian <https://about.me/sebastianconcept>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> o/
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Dec 11, 2013, at 1:43 PM, Goubier Thierry <thierry.goubier(a)cea.fr
>>>>>> <mailto:thierry.goubier@cea.fr>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Le 11/12/2013 16:27, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :
>>>>>>>> ah, and IMHO the problem is not about reading... is about writing (if it
>>>>>>>> has to write the metadata each time...).
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> But, personnaly, I don't know if this is the reason for the lack of
>>>>>>> performance...
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I have three hypothesis for Sebastian problem:
>>>>>>> 1 - Slow read time for version metadata
>>>>>>> - Confirmed because of the 16 seconds wait time for reading the
>>>>>>> package metadata in the repository browser.
>>>>>>> 2 - Slow metadata write
>>>>>>> 3 - Slow package write
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I have an implemented solution for 1-, a very easy to implement for
>>>>>>> 2-, and none yet for 3-
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> So I'd really like to check if 3- is confirmed ;)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Thierry
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Esteban
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Esteban Lorenzano
>>>>>>>> <estebanlm(a)gmail.com <mailto:estebanlm@gmail.com>
>>>>>>>> <mailto:estebanlm@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Thierry, I know there is a working version... let me search...
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> (5 mins later)
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> here:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> https://github.com/rjsargent/CypressReferenceImplementation
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Dale says Richard made a metadata-less version.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> We should take a look at that.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Esteban
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Goubier Thierry
>>>>>>>> <thierry.goubier(a)cea.fr
>>>>>>>> <mailto:thierry.goubier@cea.fr><mailto:thierry.goubier@cea.fr>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Esteban, Sebastian,
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> In the filetree code, you will find a format without metadata,
>>>>>>>> but it's not in use anymore.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> If you use gitfiletree, it will write the metadata for
>>>>>>>> compatibility reasons with filetree, but it will never read it
>>>>>>>> back.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I'm pushing code to make filetree robust to absence of metadata,
>>>>>>>> but I haven't worked on it for a while.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> gitfiletree has solved the problem of a slow metadata read. It
>>>>>>>> does not solve any performance problem associated with
>>>>>>>> writing, yet.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Thierry
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Le 11/12/2013 16:12, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I know there is a version of filetree without metadata (more
>>>>>>>> compelling
>>>>>>>> for projects that will never use other formats).
>>>>>>>> Dale told me that there was a preview somewhere, but I
>>>>>>>> didn't tested yet
>>>>>>>> (lack of time) and now I cannot find the mail...
>>>>>>>> Dale, can you re-send the link?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> cheers,
>>>>>>>> Esteban
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 4:08 PM, Sebastian Sastre
>>>>>>>> <sebastian(a)flowingconcept.com
>>>>>>>> <mailto:sebastian@flowingconcept.com>
>>>>>>>> <mailto:sebastian@flowingconcept.com>
>>>>>>>> <mailto:sebastian@__flowingconcept.com
>>>>>>>> <mailto:sebastian@flowingconcept.com>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I should breath before I type, but you probably already
>>>>>>>> got that I
>>>>>>>> meant /redundant writes/ (not reads)...
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Anyway.. I was talking with Esteban and he mentions
>>>>>>>> some kind of
>>>>>>>> compatibility metadata.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> If I'm going to give a leap of faith to filetree repos
>>>>>>>> to save code
>>>>>>>> why should I care about mcz compatibility? Paying a
>>>>>>>> toll for no
>>>>>>>> reason is evil.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Maybe we could make that optional so those who don't
>>>>>>>> extract value
>>>>>>>> from that feature can opt-out?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> sebastian <https://about.me/__sebastianconcept
>>>>>>>> <https://about.me/sebastianconcept>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> o/
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Dec 11, 2013, at 12:44 PM, Sebastian Sastre
>>>>>>>> <sebastian(a)flowingconcept.com
>>>>>>>> <mailto:sebastian@flowingconcept.com>
>>>>>>>> <mailto:sebastian@flowingconcept.com>
>>>>>>>> <mailto:sebastian@__flowingconcept.com
>>>>>>>> <mailto:sebastian@flowingconcept.com>>>
>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Hi Thierry
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Dec 11, 2013, at 12:43 PM, Goubier Thierry
>>>>>>>> <thierry.goubier(a)cea.fr
>>>>>>>> <mailto:thierry.goubier@cea.fr>
>>>>>>>> <mailto:thierry.goubier@cea.fr>
>>>>>>>> <mailto:thierry.goubier@cea.fr
>>>>>>>> <mailto:thierry.goubier@cea.fr>__>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I have packages (in the order of hundreds
>>>>>>>> of classes) and save
>>>>>>>> delays
>>>>>>>> and package click delays are starting to
>>>>>>>> demand patience in a
>>>>>>>> way that
>>>>>>>> doesn't feel like the right path
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Which operations ? I didn't remember noticing
>>>>>>>> much with 179
>>>>>>>> classes on a laptop without a SSD.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> choose one. Just for clicking the package that will
>>>>>>>> should you
>>>>>>>> UUID, version and author I need to wait ~16
>>>>>>>> seconds. Sounds like a
>>>>>>>> lot of overhead for reading a small .json file.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> But the write is the most worrisome
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> All that is with a SSD disk, otherwise save
>>>>>>>> delays would be
>>>>>>>> /way/ beyond
>>>>>>>> unacceptable
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I'd like to know more, and understand the
>>>>>>>> reason, for sure. As
>>>>>>>> far as I know, filetree will rewrite the whole
>>>>>>>> package to disk
>>>>>>>> everytime... and maybe optimising that could be
>>>>>>>> the solution.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Well, that explains a lot. Writing all every time
>>>>>>>> is the lazy
>>>>>>>> thing that's okay for a prototype and temporary
>>>>>>>> code in a proof of
>>>>>>>> concept but that massive redundant reads certainly
>>>>>>>> doesn't sounds
>>>>>>>> like pro software. Specially for SSD's which has a
>>>>>>>> limited
>>>>>>>> quantity of writes
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Thierry
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> sebastian
>>>>>>>> <https://about.me/__sebastianconcept
>>>>>>>> <https://about.me/sebastianconcept>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> o/
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>> Thierry Goubier
>>>>>>>> CEA list
>>>>>>>> Laboratoire des Fondations des Systèmes Temps
>>>>>>>> Réel Embarqués
>>>>>>>> 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex
>>>>>>>> France
>>>>>>>> Phone/Fax: +33 (0) 1 69 08 32 92
>>>>>>>> <tel:%2B33%20%280%29%201%2069%2008%2032%2092>
>>>>>>>> <tel:%2B33%20%280%29%201%2069%__2008%2032%2092>
>>>>>>>> / 83 95
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>> Thierry Goubier
>>>>>>>> CEA list
>>>>>>>> Laboratoire des Fondations des Systèmes Temps Réel Embarqués
>>>>>>>> 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex
>>>>>>>> France
>>>>>>>> Phone/Fax: +33 (0) 1 69 08 32 92
>>>>>>>> <tel:%2B33%20%280%29%201%2069%2008%2032%2092> / 83 95
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>> Thierry Goubier
>>>>>>> CEA list
>>>>>>> Laboratoire des Fondations des Systèmes Temps Réel Embarqués
>>>>>>> 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex
>>>>>>> France
>>>>>>> Phone/Fax: +33 (0) 1 69 08 32 92 / 83 95
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Thierry Goubier
>>>>> CEA list
>>>>> Laboratoire des Fondations des Systèmes Temps Réel Embarqués
>>>>> 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex
>>>>> France
>>>>> Phone/Fax: +33 (0) 1 69 08 32 92 / 83 95
>
Dec. 13, 2013
Re: [Pharo-dev] Tell me about your workflow
by Sebastian Sastre
how many coreMethods?
On Dec 13, 2013, at 7:00 AM, GOUBIER Thierry <thierry.goubier(a)cea.fr> wrote:
> Bad news. Roassal package directory has 355 entries (343 classes + a few extensions) and I don't see much of a slow down (on 3.0). It's not instantaneous, but with a bit of feedback, it doesn't seems long.
>
> I'll do some profiling.
>
> Thierry
> De : Pharo-dev [pharo-dev-bounces(a)lists.pharo.org] de la part de GOUBIER Thierry
> Date d'envoi : jeudi 12 décembre 2013 17:07
> Ã : Pharo Development List
> Objet : [PROVENANCE INTERNET] Re: [Pharo-dev] Tell me about your workflow
>
> Thanks for the pointers.
>
> I'll look at Seaside/Moose/Mondrian and Roassal, because I need code I can load and save in an image without destroying the very image I use to test (which would happen if I load Pharo10 stuff in a 3.0 image ;) ).
>
> Thierry
>
> De : Pharo-dev [pharo-dev-bounces(a)lists.pharo.org] de la part de Yuriy Tymchuk [yuriy.tymchuk(a)me.com]
> Date d'envoi : jeudi 12 décembre 2013 16:24
> Ã : Pharo Development List
> Objet : Re: [Pharo-dev] Tell me about your workflow
>
> So if you want something big and with a lot of commits you can use Pharo* in general. Pharo10 has the most versions and Pharo30Inbox is the largest one. If you want some other projects then you heve to take a look at Seaside30, Mondrian, Moose, Glamour or Roassal.
>
> Uko
>
> On 12 Dec 2013, at 16:20, Yuriy Tymchuk <yuriy.tymchuk(a)me.com> wrote:
>
>> Pharo10 on SmalltalkHub is humongous. You can definitely do a stress test with it :)
>>
>> Uko
>>
>> On 12 Dec 2013, at 15:43, GOUBIER Thierry <thierry.goubier(a)cea.fr> wrote:
>>
>>> I would need a large project, composed of one or more packages, with more than 150~200 classes, which triggers the slow read and writing times Sebastian experience. And, probably, to be complete, a long and complex commit history in git (> 100 commits).
>>>
>>> I'll keep in mind the idea of creating one randomly ;)
>>>
>>> Thierry
>>>
>>> De : Pharo-dev [pharo-dev-bounces(a)lists.pharo.org] de la part de Yuriy Tymchuk [yuriy.tymchuk(a)me.com]
>>> Date d'envoi : jeudi 12 décembre 2013 15:37
>>> Ã : Pharo Development List
>>> Objet : Re: [Pharo-dev] Tell me about your workflow
>>>
>>> Are you interested in a package or a project? I can provide you information based on size, etcâ¦
>>>
>>> Uko
>>>
>>> On 12 Dec 2013, at 15:30, GOUBIER Thierry <thierry.goubier(a)cea.fr> wrote:
>>>
>>>> I gave up running gitfiletree on 1.4 :(
>>>>
>>>> It's possible to use gitfiletree from a 2.0 or a 3.0 image to browse your git repository, but testing the writing will be an issue.
>>>>
>>>> My best chance would be to find a large enough package I can use on 2.0 or 3.0 to test and profile. Does anybody has a large enough package which could fit? Anything that doesn't require a NDA to read it, of course. Is Roassal large enough?
>>>>
>>>> Thierry
>>>>
>>>> De : Pharo-dev [pharo-dev-bounces(a)lists.pharo.org] de la part de Sebastian Sastre [sebastian(a)flowingconcept.com]
>>>> Date d'envoi : jeudi 12 décembre 2013 12:12
>>>> Ã : Pharo Development List
>>>> Objet : Re: [Pharo-dev] Tell me about your workflow
>>>>
>>>> gee the big code package is airflowing which I have, quite conservatively, running on #14438 images
>>>>
>>>> I load filetree like this:
>>>>
>>>> Gofer new
>>>> url: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/FileTree';
>>>> package: 'ConfigurationOfFileTree';
>>>> load.
>>>> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfFileTree) project version: #'stable') load.
>>>>
>>>> and it never complained
>>>>
>>>> let me know
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Dec 12, 2013, at 3:53 AM, GOUBIER Thierry <thierry.goubier(a)cea.fr> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> If you would be ready to profile a package save on your repository, it would be great. In the mean time, I'll make available a special gitfiletree package to test. Which version of Pharo you are using? 2.0 or 3.0?
>>>>>
>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>
>>>>> Thierry
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> De : Pharo-dev [pharo-dev-bounces(a)lists.pharo.org] de la part de Sebastian Sastre [sebastian(a)flowingconcept.com]
>>>>> Date d'envoi : mercredi 11 décembre 2013 17:09
>>>>> Ã : Pharo Development List
>>>>> Objet : Re: [Pharo-dev] Tell me about your workflow
>>>>>
>>>>> ok, if saving is dumping all, then 3 is confirmed? After the first commit, I'd say so.
>>>>>
>>>>> about 2, I don't know. I'm available to make tests and measure results
>>>>>
>>>>> have a nice trip, keep us tuned about any progress
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Dec 11, 2013, at 2:09 PM, Goubier Thierry <thierry.goubier(a)cea.fr> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Yes, you're right in the general case.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> But a solution to that general problem will take time to be implemented (time I lack at the moment, sadly) and if the main gain is a few % because it's writing the version file and the metadata for methods which are the "slow" factors, then we'll have worked hard for nothing.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> If you want to help, I'd really like to see either 2- or 3- confirmed. I can produce a special gitfiletree to remove writing the metadata, that you can try on a large project temporary copy; if the slow writing (and reading) is confirmed, then this is 3-
>>>>>>
>>>>>> (But I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow early, so I have no idea of when I'll have the time to do that :( ).
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thierry
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Le 11/12/2013 16:44, Sebastian Sastre a écrit :
>>>>>>> Without entering in details, a cause for slow package write is dumping
>>>>>>> all every time.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> For that strategy, we already have the image save which is magically fast.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> So, if we make something to scan the code and write only when it's
>>>>>>> different from what's on disk, then we would be preventing tons of
>>>>>>> redundant writes
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> sebastian <https://about.me/sebastianconcept>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> o/
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Dec 11, 2013, at 1:43 PM, Goubier Thierry <thierry.goubier(a)cea.fr
>>>>>>> <mailto:thierry.goubier@cea.fr>> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Le 11/12/2013 16:27, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :
>>>>>>>>> ah, and IMHO the problem is not about reading... is about writing (if it
>>>>>>>>> has to write the metadata each time...).
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> But, personnaly, I don't know if this is the reason for the lack of
>>>>>>>> performance...
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I have three hypothesis for Sebastian problem:
>>>>>>>> 1 - Slow read time for version metadata
>>>>>>>> - Confirmed because of the 16 seconds wait time for reading the
>>>>>>>> package metadata in the repository browser.
>>>>>>>> 2 - Slow metadata write
>>>>>>>> 3 - Slow package write
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I have an implemented solution for 1-, a very easy to implement for
>>>>>>>> 2-, and none yet for 3-
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> So I'd really like to check if 3- is confirmed ;)
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Thierry
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Esteban
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Esteban Lorenzano
>>>>>>>>> <estebanlm(a)gmail.com <mailto:estebanlm@gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>> <mailto:estebanlm@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Thierry, I know there is a working version... let me search...
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> (5 mins later)
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> here:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> https://github.com/rjsargent/CypressReferenceImplementation
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Dale says Richard made a metadata-less version.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> We should take a look at that.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Esteban
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Goubier Thierry
>>>>>>>>> <thierry.goubier(a)cea.fr
>>>>>>>>> <mailto:thierry.goubier@cea.fr><mailto:thierry.goubier@cea.fr>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Esteban, Sebastian,
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> In the filetree code, you will find a format without metadata,
>>>>>>>>> but it's not in use anymore.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> If you use gitfiletree, it will write the metadata for
>>>>>>>>> compatibility reasons with filetree, but it will never read it
>>>>>>>>> back.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> I'm pushing code to make filetree robust to absence of metadata,
>>>>>>>>> but I haven't worked on it for a while.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> gitfiletree has solved the problem of a slow metadata read. It
>>>>>>>>> does not solve any performance problem associated with
>>>>>>>>> writing, yet.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Thierry
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Le 11/12/2013 16:12, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> I know there is a version of filetree without metadata (more
>>>>>>>>> compelling
>>>>>>>>> for projects that will never use other formats).
>>>>>>>>> Dale told me that there was a preview somewhere, but I
>>>>>>>>> didn't tested yet
>>>>>>>>> (lack of time) and now I cannot find the mail...
>>>>>>>>> Dale, can you re-send the link?
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> cheers,
>>>>>>>>> Esteban
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 4:08 PM, Sebastian Sastre
>>>>>>>>> <sebastian(a)flowingconcept.com
>>>>>>>>> <mailto:sebastian@flowingconcept.com>
>>>>>>>>> <mailto:sebastian@flowingconcept.com>
>>>>>>>>> <mailto:sebastian@__flowingconcept.com
>>>>>>>>> <mailto:sebastian@flowingconcept.com>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> I should breath before I type, but you probably already
>>>>>>>>> got that I
>>>>>>>>> meant /redundant writes/ (not reads)...
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Anyway.. I was talking with Esteban and he mentions
>>>>>>>>> some kind of
>>>>>>>>> compatibility metadata.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> If I'm going to give a leap of faith to filetree repos
>>>>>>>>> to save code
>>>>>>>>> why should I care about mcz compatibility? Paying a
>>>>>>>>> toll for no
>>>>>>>>> reason is evil.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Maybe we could make that optional so those who don't
>>>>>>>>> extract value
>>>>>>>>> from that feature can opt-out?
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> sebastian <https://about.me/__sebastianconcept
>>>>>>>>> <https://about.me/sebastianconcept>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> o/
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> On Dec 11, 2013, at 12:44 PM, Sebastian Sastre
>>>>>>>>> <sebastian(a)flowingconcept.com
>>>>>>>>> <mailto:sebastian@flowingconcept.com>
>>>>>>>>> <mailto:sebastian@flowingconcept.com>
>>>>>>>>> <mailto:sebastian@__flowingconcept.com
>>>>>>>>> <mailto:sebastian@flowingconcept.com>>>
>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Hi Thierry
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> On Dec 11, 2013, at 12:43 PM, Goubier Thierry
>>>>>>>>> <thierry.goubier(a)cea.fr
>>>>>>>>> <mailto:thierry.goubier@cea.fr>
>>>>>>>>> <mailto:thierry.goubier@cea.fr>
>>>>>>>>> <mailto:thierry.goubier@cea.fr
>>>>>>>>> <mailto:thierry.goubier@cea.fr>__>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> I have packages (in the order of hundreds
>>>>>>>>> of classes) and save
>>>>>>>>> delays
>>>>>>>>> and package click delays are starting to
>>>>>>>>> demand patience in a
>>>>>>>>> way that
>>>>>>>>> doesn't feel like the right path
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Which operations ? I didn't remember noticing
>>>>>>>>> much with 179
>>>>>>>>> classes on a laptop without a SSD.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> choose one. Just for clicking the package that will
>>>>>>>>> should you
>>>>>>>>> UUID, version and author I need to wait ~16
>>>>>>>>> seconds. Sounds like a
>>>>>>>>> lot of overhead for reading a small .json file.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> But the write is the most worrisome
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> All that is with a SSD disk, otherwise save
>>>>>>>>> delays would be
>>>>>>>>> /way/ beyond
>>>>>>>>> unacceptable
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> I'd like to know more, and understand the
>>>>>>>>> reason, for sure. As
>>>>>>>>> far as I know, filetree will rewrite the whole
>>>>>>>>> package to disk
>>>>>>>>> everytime... and maybe optimising that could be
>>>>>>>>> the solution.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Well, that explains a lot. Writing all every time
>>>>>>>>> is the lazy
>>>>>>>>> thing that's okay for a prototype and temporary
>>>>>>>>> code in a proof of
>>>>>>>>> concept but that massive redundant reads certainly
>>>>>>>>> doesn't sounds
>>>>>>>>> like pro software. Specially for SSD's which has a
>>>>>>>>> limited
>>>>>>>>> quantity of writes
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Thierry
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> sebastian
>>>>>>>>> <https://about.me/__sebastianconcept
>>>>>>>>> <https://about.me/sebastianconcept>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> o/
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>> Thierry Goubier
>>>>>>>>> CEA list
>>>>>>>>> Laboratoire des Fondations des Systèmes Temps
>>>>>>>>> Réel Embarqués
>>>>>>>>> 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex
>>>>>>>>> France
>>>>>>>>> Phone/Fax: +33 (0) 1 69 08 32 92
>>>>>>>>> <tel:%2B33%20%280%29%201%2069%2008%2032%2092>
>>>>>>>>> <tel:%2B33%20%280%29%201%2069%__2008%2032%2092>
>>>>>>>>> / 83 95
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>> Thierry Goubier
>>>>>>>>> CEA list
>>>>>>>>> Laboratoire des Fondations des Systèmes Temps Réel Embarqués
>>>>>>>>> 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex
>>>>>>>>> France
>>>>>>>>> Phone/Fax: +33 (0) 1 69 08 32 92
>>>>>>>>> <tel:%2B33%20%280%29%201%2069%2008%2032%2092> / 83 95
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>> Thierry Goubier
>>>>>>>> CEA list
>>>>>>>> Laboratoire des Fondations des Systèmes Temps Réel Embarqués
>>>>>>>> 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex
>>>>>>>> France
>>>>>>>> Phone/Fax: +33 (0) 1 69 08 32 92 / 83 95
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Thierry Goubier
>>>>>> CEA list
>>>>>> Laboratoire des Fondations des Systèmes Temps Réel Embarqués
>>>>>> 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex
>>>>>> France
>>>>>> Phone/Fax: +33 (0) 1 69 08 32 92 / 83 95
Dec. 13, 2013
Re: [Pharo-dev] [pharo-project/pharo-core] a368f5: 30641
by Marcus Denker
This is a hand-made .cs update (loading a cs)
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/resolve/12113/Slot-fix-some-layout-class-…
an update related to Slots
This is how the hierarchy of layouts currently looks:
AbstractLayout
EmptyLayout
ObjectLayout
BitsLayout
ByteLayout
WordLayout
CompiledMethodLayout
LayoutWithSlots
PointerLayout
VariableLayout
WeakLayout
SmallIntegerLayout
the change does the rename:
PointerLayout->FixedLayout
LayoutWithSlots->PointerLayout
More information about Slots can be found in the paper:
http://rmod.lille.inria.fr/archives/papers/Verw11a-OOSPLA11-FlexibleObjectL…
Or a intro about what this is about here:
http://www.slideshare.net/MarcusDenker/lecture-27685035
On 13 Dec 2013, at 11:29, GitHub <noreply(a)github.com> wrote:
>
>
> Log Message:
> -----------
> 30641
>
> http://files.pharo.org/image/30/30641.zip
>
>
Dec. 13, 2013
Re: [Pharo-dev] Version summary for FogBugz
by Benjamin
The goal is to have a tool in Pharo to report bug.
This information will be provided bu the tool seamlessly :P
Ben
On 13 Dec 2013, at 11:26, Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven(a)stfx.eu> wrote:
> We already have that, no ?
>
> World Menu > System > System Reporter
>
> On 13 Dec 2013, at 11:10, Pavel Krivanek <pavel.krivanek(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> what about to add to the World menu - System an item that will display some information about image version, platform, dirty packages list etc. Plus some button that will copy this text to the clipboard.
>> The goal is to provide simple way how to get this standard information that should contain most of the FogBugz issue reports and the reporter could simply paste it there.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> -- Pavel
>
>
Dec. 13, 2013
[pharo-project/pharo-core]
by GitHub
Branch: refs/tags/30641
Home: https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-core
Dec. 13, 2013
[pharo-project/pharo-core] a368f5: 30641
by GitHub
Branch: refs/heads/3.0
Home: https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-core
Commit: a368f5d4e2a997dffaa4baf72fd752c7e1a733b3
https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-core/commit/a368f5d4e2a997dffaa4baf7…
Author: Jenkins Build Server <board(a)pharo-project.org>
Date: 2013-12-13 (Fri, 13 Dec 2013)
Changed paths:
M Slot.package/EmptyLayout.class/instance/extending/extend_.st
A Slot.package/FixedLayout.class/README.md
A Slot.package/FixedLayout.class/class/instance creation/extending_scope_host_.st
A Slot.package/FixedLayout.class/definition.st
A Slot.package/FixedLayout.class/instance/format/instanceSpecificationBase.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/README.md
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/definition.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/accessing/allSlots.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/accessing/allVisibleSlots.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/accessing/fieldSize.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/accessing/instanceVariables.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/accessing/resolveSlot_.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/accessing/slotAt_.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/accessing/slotScope.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/accessing/slotScope_.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/comparing/=.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/comparing/hash.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/compatibility/atName_.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/compatibility/atName_ifAbsent_.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/compatibility/includesName_.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/copying/postCopy.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/diff/computeChangesFrom_in_.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/diff/popSlot_from_.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/extending/extend.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/extending/extendVariable_.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/extending/extendWeak_.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/extending/extend_.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/format/instanceSpecification.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/instance initialization/initializeInstance_.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/printing/printSlotDefinitionOn_.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/reshaping/extendAgain_with_.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/reshaping/reshapeTo_.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/testing/hasFields.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/testing/hasSlots.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/testing/size.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/validation/checkInheritedSlots.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/validation/checkIntegrity.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/validation/checkParentScopes.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/validation/checkSanity.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/validation/checkSlotIndices.st
R Slot.package/LayoutWithSlots.class/instance/validation/checkSlotNames.st
M Slot.package/OldClassBuilderAdapter.class/instance/accessing/layoutForType_.st
M Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/README.md
R Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/class/instance creation/extending_scope_host_.st
M Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/definition.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/accessing/allSlots.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/accessing/allVisibleSlots.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/accessing/fieldSize.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/accessing/instanceVariables.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/accessing/resolveSlot_.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/accessing/slotAt_.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/accessing/slotScope.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/accessing/slotScope_.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/comparing/=.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/comparing/hash.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/compatibility/atName_.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/compatibility/atName_ifAbsent_.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/compatibility/includesName_.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/copying/postCopy.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/diff/computeChangesFrom_in_.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/diff/popSlot_from_.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/extending/extend.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/extending/extendVariable_.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/extending/extendWeak_.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/extending/extend_.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/format/instanceSpecification.st
R Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/format/instanceSpecificationBase.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/instance initialization/initializeInstance_.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/printing/printSlotDefinitionOn_.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/reshaping/extendAgain_with_.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/reshaping/reshapeTo_.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/testing/hasFields.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/testing/hasSlots.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/testing/size.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/validation/checkInheritedSlots.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/validation/checkIntegrity.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/validation/checkParentScopes.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/validation/checkSanity.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/validation/checkSlotIndices.st
A Slot.package/PointerLayout.class/instance/validation/checkSlotNames.st
M Slot.package/SlotClassBuilder.class/instance/initialization/initialize.st
M Slot.package/SlotClassBuilder.class/instance/initialize-release/build.st
M Slot.package/SlotClassBuilder.class/instance/initialize-release/buildNewClass.st
M Slot.package/SmallIntegerLayout.class/instance/extending/extend_.st
M Slot.package/VariableLayout.class/definition.st
M Slot.package/WeakLayout.class/definition.st
M Slot.package/extension/ClassDescription/instance/layoutSized_.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotAnnouncementsTest.class/instance/tests/testClassAddedAnnounced.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotAnnouncementsTest.class/instance/tests/testClassAddedAnnouncedOnlyOnce.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotAnnouncementsTest.class/instance/tests/testClassFormatChangedAnnounced.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotAnnouncementsTest.class/instance/tests/testClassModifiedAnnounced.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotAnnouncementsTest.class/instance/tests/testClassModifiedAnnouncedOnlyOnce.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotBasicTest.class/instance/tests-basic/testNewPointerClass.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotBasicTest.class/instance/tests-basic/testNewPointerClassWithSlots.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotClassBuilderTest.class/instance/helpers-building/make_.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotClassBuilderTest.class/instance/helpers-names/layoutClasses.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotClassBuilderTest.class/instance/helpers-names/layoutClassesWithSlots.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotIntegrationTest.class/instance/tests-compact index/testBecomeCompactAndUncompact.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotIntegrationTest.class/instance/tests/testCopyPreservesLayout.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotLayoutExtensionTest.class/instance/tests-invalid extensions/testByteCannotExtendPointerWithFields.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotLayoutExtensionTest.class/instance/tests-invalid extensions/testPointerCannotExtendByte.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotLayoutExtensionTest.class/instance/tests-invalid extensions/testPointerCannotExtendWord.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotLayoutExtensionTest.class/instance/tests-invalid extensions/testWordCannotExtendPointerWithFields.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotLayoutExtensionTest.class/instance/tests-valid extensions/testPointerCanExtendPointer.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotLayoutExtensionTest.class/instance/tests-valid extensions/testPointerCanExtendVariable.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotLayoutExtensionTest.class/instance/tests-valid extensions/testVariableCanExtendPointer.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotMigrationTest.class/instance/tests/testAddSlotAndMigrate.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotMigrationTest.class/instance/tests/testAddSlotPropagateAndMigrate.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotMigrationTest.class/instance/tests/testChangeLayoutTypeFromByte.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotMigrationTest.class/instance/tests/testChangeLayoutTypeToByte.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotMigrationTest.class/instance/tests/testChangingFormatKeepsMethod.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotMigrationTest.class/instance/tests/testRedefineSuperclass.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotMigrationTest.class/instance/tests/testRemoveSlotAndMigrate.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotMigrationTest.class/instance/tests/testReshapeByteVariableToPointerPropagatesToDeepHierarchy.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotMigrationTest.class/instance/tests/testReshapePointerToByteVariablePropagatesToDeepHierarchy.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotMigrationTest.class/instance/tests/testShiftSlotAndMigrate.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotMigrationTest.class/instance/tests/testSuperclassChangeLayoutType.st
M SlotTests.package/SlotMigrationTest.class/instance/tests/testSwitchSlotsAndMigrate.st
Log Message:
-----------
30641
http://files.pharo.org/image/30/30641.zip
Dec. 13, 2013
Re: [Pharo-dev] Version summary for FogBugz
by Sven Van Caekenberghe
We already have that, no ?
World Menu > System > System Reporter
On 13 Dec 2013, at 11:10, Pavel Krivanek <pavel.krivanek(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what about to add to the World menu - System an item that will display some information about image version, platform, dirty packages list etc. Plus some button that will copy this text to the clipboard.
> The goal is to provide simple way how to get this standard information that should contain most of the FogBugz issue reports and the reporter could simply paste it there.
>
> Cheers,
> -- Pavel
Dec. 13, 2013
Version summary for FogBugz
by Pavel Krivanek
Hi,
what about to add to the World menu - System an item that will display some
information about image version, platform, dirty packages list etc. Plus
some button that will copy this text to the clipboard.
The goal is to provide simple way how to get this standard information that
should contain most of the FogBugz issue reports and the reporter could
simply paste it there.
Cheers,
-- Pavel
Dec. 13, 2013