Pharo-dev
By thread
pharo-dev@lists.pharo.org
By month
Messages by month
- ----- 2026 -----
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2025 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2024 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2023 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2022 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2021 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2020 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2019 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2018 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2017 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2016 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2015 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2014 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2013 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2012 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2011 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2010 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2009 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January
- ----- 2008 -----
- December
- November
- October
- September
- August
- July
- June
- May
- 1 participants
- 144621 messages
Re: [Pharo-dev] Pharo-Business: a new mailing-list
by Esteban A. Maringolo
2014-02-26 17:33 GMT-03:00 askoh <askoh(a)askoh.com>:
> We should use something Smalltalk Powered instead of Python Powered for the
> list.
What would we gain out of that?
Esteban A. Maringolo
Feb. 26, 2014
Re: [Pharo-dev] about dateAndTime and TimeStamp
by Norbert Hartl
Am 26.02.2014 um 21:29 schrieb Pharo4Stef <pharo4Stef(a)free.fr>:
> one of these days we will have to remove TimeStamp because it just adds noise to the system (in fact I would not have any problem to see DateAndTime renamed as timestamp - but having the two for nothing looks useless to me).
+100
I donât really get what the use of it is, too. The mere fact that DateAndTime printString returns ISO8601 dates and TimeStamp does not makes me always use DateAndTime instead. My problem is that I often take a âsnapshot of timeâ (like in a log event) that for me as a non-native speaker is more related to the word timeStamp than DatenAndTime which sounds like a date and time management object. But everytime I write
timeStamp := DateAndTime now
it feels wrong. So I would be glad if there would be some clarification here.
Norbert
Feb. 26, 2014
Re: [Pharo-dev] iPad version does not work ?
by jannik laval
Yes, but a Pharo1.4
I tried with a Pharo2.0 but it freezes. Morover, for Pharo2.0 there are
some changes to do to download all the stuff.
Here is the process for Pharo 1.4:
====
git clone https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm.git
cd pharo-vm/image/
./newImage.sh ==> it load a pharo20
./pharo generator.image eval --save PharoIPhoneBuilder buildIPhoneSimulator
-- or --
./pharo generator.image eval --save PharoIPhoneBuilder buildIPhone
cd ../iosbuild/resources/
./generate.sh
cd ../../build/
sudo ../scripts/extract-commit-info.sh
sudo cmake -G Xcode .
open iPharoSimulator.xcodeproj/
In the list "ALL_BUILD", go to edit scheme, and change the Executable field
to the iPharo...
Select your iOS version and compile it.
2014-02-26 20:45 GMT+01:00 Alexandre Bergel <alexandre.bergel(a)me.com>:
> So, can we have Pharo on the iphone and ipad?
>
> Alexandre
>
>
> On Feb 26, 2014, at 7:33 AM, jannik laval <jannik.laval(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thank you Esteban,
> > It works. I failed probably because I did not remove the app in the
> simulator.
> >
> > Thank you again.
> >
> > Jannik
> >
> >
> > 2014-02-25 13:26 GMT+01:00 Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm(a)gmail.com>:
> > btw what can be happening is that xcode fails to build freetype2.
> > the way to workaround this problem is:
> >
> > first, build a makefile version of the app:
> >
> > sh build.sh
> >
> > then, re-prepare for xcode:
> >
> > rm CMakeCache.txt
> > cmake -G Xcode .
> >
> >
> > (that will build freetype2 first, and when xcode tries to get it, it
> will be already there, so it will ski the build part, who often and
> mysteriously fails)
> >
> > Esteban
> >
> >
> > On 25 Feb 2014, at 13:22, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> that works for me.
> >> what is the problem you are having?
> >>
> >>
> >> On 25 Feb 2014, at 12:10, jannik laval <jannik.laval(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >>> It seems to not work :(
> >>> Here is the process I follow:
> >>>
> >>> ===
> >>> git clone https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm.git
> >>> cd pharo-vm/image/
> >>> ./newImage.sh ==> it load a pharo20
> >>>
> >>> ./pharo generator.image eval --save PharoIPhoneBuilder
> buildIPhoneSimulator
> >>>
> >>> cd ../iosbuild/resources/
> >>>
> >>> ./generate.sh ==> it is a pharo1.4 image.
> >>>
> >>> sudo ../scripts/extract-commit-info.sh
> >>> sudo cmake -G Xcode .
> >>>
> >>> open iPharoSimulator.xcodeproj/
> >>>
> >>> In the list "ALL_BUILD", go to edit scheme, and change the Executable
> field to the iPharo.
> >>> Select your iOS version and compile it.
> >>> ===
> >>>
> >>> Jannik
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> 2014-02-25 9:23 GMT+01:00 Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm(a)gmail.com>:
> >>>
> >>> On 25 Feb 2014, at 08:04, Pharo4Stef <pharo4Stef(a)free.fr> wrote:
> >>>
> >>>>
> >>>> On 25 Feb 2014, at 01:31, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>>> it *should* be working now.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> cheers
> >>>>> Esteban (who needs to write more documentation, but he does what he
> can :) )
> >>>>
> >>>> No need lentghly sentences just some nice bulleted lists of actions
> >>>> and we can do something with that.
> >>>
> >>> yes, I will... but as I always say: time is a tyrant. And writing
> documentation is boring :)
> >>> Anyway most of the process is already covered with current
> documentation, I just need to add a few points.
> >>>
> >>> (no one reads documentation either, is a bit annoying... every time is
> like starting from scratch... But don't take me into appoint, I'm having a
> cynical morning :P)
> >>>
> >>> Esteban
> >>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>> On 24 Feb 2014, at 08:58, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>>>>
> >>>>>> not yet... so far I restored the build capability, not the image
> event handling :(
> >>>>>> (nevertheless, I'm on it :) )
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> Esteban
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> On 24 Feb 2014, at 08:00, jannik laval <jannik.laval(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>>> Hi Esteban,
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> Did you already try ?
> >>>>>>> I saw a message on the VM repo related to iOS, not sure it is for
> my problem.
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> Cheers,
> >>>>>>> Jannik
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> 2014-01-29 17:32 GMT+01:00 Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm(a)gmail.com
> >:
> >>>>>>> oks... I will take a look... as soon as I can :S
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> (damn... I need to learn how to do a mitosis...)
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> On 29 Jan 2014, at 17:28, jannik laval <jannik.laval(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> I confirm that it does not work: the simulator compile (but not
> the non-simulator).
> >>>>>>>> Then the image cannot be open: I have a white screen.
> >>>>>>>> Here is my process:
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> ===
> >>>>>>>> 1) git clone https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm.git
> >>>>>>>> 2) in ./image dir prepare a VMMaker image (including download of
> a pharo 2.0):
> >>>>>>>> ./newImage.sh
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> 3)open the generated.image and execute:
> >>>>>>>> ===
> >>>>>>>> PharoIPhoneBuilder buildIPhone.
> >>>>>>>> -- or --
> >>>>>>>> PharoIPhoneBuilder buildIPhoneSimulator.
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> 4) Generate your iPhone image in iosbuild/resources/
> >>>>>>>> ./generate.sh
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> 5) In dir ./build:
> >>>>>>>> sh build.sh
> >>>>>>>> ===
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> Cheers,
> >>>>>>>> Jannik
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> 2014-01-29 Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm(a)gmail.com>
> >>>>>>>> and btw...
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> iosbuild/resource$ ./generate.sh
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> should generate a 1.4 image that *should* work in ipad (no idea
> if that will be the case, its been more than 6months since I do not test it
> and vm changed since then).
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> Esteban
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> On 29 Jan 2014, at 10:23, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> PharoIPhoneBuilder buildIPhone.
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> it should generate all sources and a "build.sh"
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> then
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> build$ sh build.sh
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> will generate an xcode project.
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> and let me remember... mmm... yeah, that was all :)
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>> On 29 Jan 2014, at 08:10, jannik laval <jannik.laval(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>> Hi Esteban,
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>> Hum, this means that my instructions are outdated.
> >>>>>>>>>> Where are the right instructions ? The ones on Github do not
> mention IOS.
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>> Cheers,
> >>>>>>>>>> Jannik
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>> 2014-01-29 Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm(a)gmail.com>
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>> On 29 Jan 2014, at 00:18, Eliot Miranda <
> eliot.miranda(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>> On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 2:46 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <
> estebanlm(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >>>>>>>>>>> because you are not following the instructions ;)
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>> basically... you can generate them by:
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>> build$ ../scripts/extract-commit-info.sh
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>> I asked for this info last week ;-). Thanks!
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>> hey! I answered you! :P
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>> But this is alarming:
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>> McStalker.pharovm$ ./scripts/extract-commit-info.sh
> >>>>>>>>>>> readlink: ./scripts/extract-commit-info.sh Invalid argument
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>> I suggest changing
> >>>>>>>>>>> SCRIPT_DIR=`readlink "$0"` || SCRIPT_DIR="$0";
> >>>>>>>>>>> to read
> >>>>>>>>>>> SCRIPT_DIR=`readlink "$0" >/dev/null` || SCRIPT_DIR="$0";
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>> Esteban
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>> On 28 Jan 2014, at 23:15, jannik.laval <jannik.laval(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>> Thank you, I am trying the latest one.
> >>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>> When compiling for IOS, I have an error in sqSCCSVersion.h
> >>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>> #include "vmVersionInfo.h" // defines REVISION_STRING
> >>>>>>>>>>>> the file is not found.
> >>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>> Anyone knows where is this file ?
> >>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>> Cheers,
> >>>>>>>>>>>> Jannik
> >>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>> On Jan 28, 2014, at 8:58 PM, Pharo4Stef <pharo4Stef(a)free.fr>
> wrote:
> >>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>> jannik the latest vm is not on gitoruous anymore but git
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>> On 27 Jan 2014, at 22:03, jannik laval <
> jannik.laval(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hum, have I the correct repository ?
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> I used this one:
> https://git.gitorious.org/cogvm/cog-osx.git
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> But, I just saw that this one exists:
> https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> I should use it no?
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jannik
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2014-01-27 Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm(a)gmail.com>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1.4 and 2.0 worked out of the box... and after my latest
> integration, 3.0 should work too.
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> I will take a look as soon as I have half and hour to spare.
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Esteban
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> On 27 Jan 2014, at 14:27, jannik laval <
> jannik.laval(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hi list,
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Does anyone try to load Pharoon iPad ?
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> In the past, the version 1.4 worked with XCode 4.4.
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I just tried to recompile it with the new XCode (5.0.2).
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The VM seems to work, but the pharo 1.4 image freezes.
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any idea ?
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> --
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ~~Jannik Laval~~
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ãcole des Mines de Douai
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Enseignant-chercheur
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://car.mines-douai.fr/
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> --
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> ~~Jannik Laval~~
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ãcole des Mines de Douai
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Enseignant-chercheur
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://car.mines-douai.fr/
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>> --
> >>>>>>>>>>> best,
> >>>>>>>>>>> Eliot
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>> --
> >>>>>>>>>> ~~Jannik Laval~~
> >>>>>>>>>> Ãcole des Mines de Douai
> >>>>>>>>>> Enseignant-chercheur
> >>>>>>>>>> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
> >>>>>>>>>> http://car.mines-douai.fr/
> >>>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> --
> >>>>>>>> ~~Jannik Laval~~
> >>>>>>>> Ãcole des Mines de Douai
> >>>>>>>> Enseignant-chercheur
> >>>>>>>> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
> >>>>>>>> http://car.mines-douai.fr/
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> --
> >>>>>>> ~~Jannik Laval~~
> >>>>>>> Ãcole des Mines de Douai
> >>>>>>> Enseignant-chercheur
> >>>>>>> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
> >>>>>>> http://car.mines-douai.fr/
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> --
> >>> ~~Jannik Laval~~
> >>> Ãcole des Mines de Douai
> >>> Enseignant-chercheur
> >>> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
> >>> http://car.mines-douai.fr/
> >>>
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > ~~Jannik Laval~~
> > Ãcole des Mines de Douai
> > Enseignant-chercheur
> > http://www.jannik-laval.eu
> > http://car.mines-douai.fr/
> >
>
> --
> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
> Alexandre Bergel http://www.bergel.eu
> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.
>
>
>
>
>
--
~~Jannik Laval~~
Ãcole des Mines de Douai
Enseignant-chercheur
http://www.jannik-laval.eu
http://car.mines-douai.fr/
Feb. 26, 2014
Re: [Pharo-dev] Pharo-Business: a new mailing-list
by askoh
We should use something Smalltalk Powered instead of Python Powered for the
list.
--
View this message in context: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Business-a-new-mailing-list-tp4746585p4746618.h…
Sent from the Pharo Smalltalk Developers mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Feb. 26, 2014
Re: [Pharo-dev] Pharo is cool
by Norbert Hartl
Am 26.02.2014 um 21:21 schrieb Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck(a)gmail.com>:
>
>
>
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 3:53 PM, Norbert Hartl <norbert(a)hartl.name> wrote:
>
> Am 26.02.2014 um 14:38 schrieb Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck(a)gmail.com>:
>
>> Just be careful 2: "I switched one of my servers to dump to stack with fuel to disk if an exception occurs. "
>> Once it happened to me the stack I was taking for serializing an error was too big. Too big because it even reached the UI. The UI has lots of sensible objects that change quite frequently. So my graph to serialize was big and the graph changed quite frequently. Result: Fuel throwing error because the graph to serialize changed while being serialized. Oh...exception? Fuel out exception! exception. Oh exception? ...
>>
> Good point, thanks!
>
>> So yeah..the fact that Fuel was throwing an error causes a loop so be careful of that as well.
>>
> If the serialization fails I just consider it an unrecoverable error and proceed. I will add a logging message for that case so I can at least so when something does not working while fueling out the stack.
>
>
> Forgot... "just be careful 3": it may happen that you cannot correctly materialize (not serialization) the graph: a method has changed, a class is missing..whatever... So what I did in the fuel out of failure tests is to add to the serializer header all the info (as plain strings) that we normally have in the PharoDebug.log. This "header" will always be able to be materialized.... this way, I don't have the risk of not being able to materialize and hence loose info, and yet I don't need PharoDebug.log as well. If you don't do what I did, then you likely need also pharoDebug.log just in case...
>
That is unlikely to happen. My workflow is that every deployed image goes through the CI server. If a problem arises I download that same image from the CI server and load the stacks back into this. Everything is else is IMHO asking for trouble because contexts wonât map properly.
> I recommend everyone interested in this topic to take a look to: #serializeTestFailureContext:toFileNamed:
>
That is what I am using because it does what I want to happen. It is only the selector that doesnât fit that well :)
thanks a lot for this information Mariano. This is highly appreciated to get infos from someone that knows the stuff.
Norbert
> Cheers,
>
>
> thanks,
>
> Norbert
>
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Norbert Hartl <norbert(a)hartl.name> wrote:
>>
>> Am 26.02.2014 um 14:19 schrieb Max Leske <maxleske(a)gmail.com>:
>>
>> > Cool! :)
>> >
>> > Just be careful: if youâre using a large model the stack can blow up your image with a low space warning / make it inresponsive (because the stack referenes your model and boom, pretty much all of your instances will becom serialized).
>> >
>> Yes, I know. But that would be a problem anyway. I think I have time. In the fuel files are 8 (!) contexts. :)
>>
>> Norbert
>>
>> > FYI weâre actively working on pruning of the serialization graph to solve this.
>> >
>> > Max
>> >
>> >
>> > On 26.02.2014, at 14:01, Norbert Hartl <norbert(a)hartl.name> wrote:
>> >
>> >> The best smalltalk/pharo moments you get if you try things you want to have just in order to see they are already there.
>> >>
>> >> Today FileBrowser.
>> >> I switched one of my servers to dump to stack with fuel to disk if an exception occurs. Today I copied the files from the server to my local machine and opened a workspace starting to write an expression to open them. Then I thought it would be cool if I could use the file browser for it. So I opened it and navigated to the directory with the fuel filesâ¦et voilà â¦as soon as I clicked on a fuel file a button âmaterializeâ appeared which showed the stack from the server right away.
>> >>
>> >> Just brilliant! Well done!
>> >>
>> >> Norbert
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Mariano
>> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com
>
>
>
>
> --
> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com
Feb. 26, 2014
about dateAndTime and TimeStamp
by Pharo4Stef
one of these days we will have to remove TimeStamp because it just adds noise to the system (in fact I would not have any problem to see DateAndTime renamed as timestamp - but having the two for nothing looks useless to me).
Stef
Feb. 26, 2014
Re: [Pharo-dev] Pharo-Business: a new mailing-list
by Esteban A. Maringolo
Hi Stef,
Can you explain what's the purpose of this list?
I don't fully get it. What is to be discussed there? Market for Pharo?
Derived businesses from pharo? (like pharocloud?).
Thank you!
Regards!
Esteban A. Maringolo
2014-02-26 16:05 GMT-03:00 Pharo4Stef <pharo4Stef(a)free.fr>:
> Dear Pharoers and Smalltalkers from all over the world
>
> We would really like to push business in our community and we believe that it is important to create a community around business questions.
> We created a new mailing-list
>
> http://lists.pharo.org/mailman/listinfo/pharo-business_lists.pharo.org
>
> The idea is to identify
> - potential market
> - missing technical solutions that we could build together
> - share technical assets from a business perspective (which frameworks for what).
>
> We hope that you will like the idea and that more business can emerge!
>
Feb. 26, 2014
Re: [Pharo-dev] Pharo is cool
by Mariano Martinez Peck
On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 3:53 PM, Norbert Hartl <norbert(a)hartl.name> wrote:
>
> Am 26.02.2014 um 14:38 schrieb Mariano Martinez Peck <
> marianopeck(a)gmail.com>:
>
> Just be careful 2: "I switched one of my servers to dump to stack with
> fuel to disk if an exception occurs. "
> Once it happened to me the stack I was taking for serializing an error was
> too big. Too big because it even reached the UI. The UI has lots of
> sensible objects that change quite frequently. So my graph to serialize was
> big and the graph changed quite frequently. Result: Fuel throwing error
> because the graph to serialize changed while being serialized.
> Oh...exception? Fuel out exception! exception. Oh exception? ...
>
> Good point, thanks!
>
> So yeah..the fact that Fuel was throwing an error causes a loop so be
> careful of that as well.
>
> If the serialization fails I just consider it an unrecoverable error and
> proceed. I will add a logging message for that case so I can at least so
> when something does not working while fueling out the stack.
>
>
Forgot... "just be careful 3": it may happen that you cannot correctly
*materialize
(not serialization)* the graph: a method has changed, a class is
missing..whatever... So what I did in the fuel out of failure tests is to
add to the serializer header all the info (as plain strings) that we
normally have in the PharoDebug.log. This "header" will always be able to
be materialized.... this way, I don't have the risk of not being able to
materialize and hence loose info, and yet I don't need PharoDebug.log as
well. If you don't do what I did, then you likely need also pharoDebug.log
just in case...
I recommend everyone interested in this topic to take a look to:
#serializeTestFailureContext:toFileNamed:
Cheers,
> thanks,
>
> Norbert
>
>
>
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Norbert Hartl <norbert(a)hartl.name>wrote:
>
>>
>> Am 26.02.2014 um 14:19 schrieb Max Leske <maxleske(a)gmail.com>:
>>
>> > Cool! :)
>> >
>> > Just be careful: if you're using a large model the stack can blow up
>> your image with a low space warning / make it inresponsive (because the
>> stack referenes your model and boom, pretty much all of your instances will
>> becom serialized).
>> >
>> Yes, I know. But that would be a problem anyway. I think I have time. In
>> the fuel files are 8 (!) contexts. :)
>>
>> Norbert
>>
>> > FYI we're actively working on pruning of the serialization graph to
>> solve this.
>> >
>> > Max
>> >
>> >
>> > On 26.02.2014, at 14:01, Norbert Hartl <norbert(a)hartl.name> wrote:
>> >
>> >> The best smalltalk/pharo moments you get if you try things you want to
>> have just in order to see they are already there.
>> >>
>> >> Today FileBrowser.
>> >> I switched one of my servers to dump to stack with fuel to disk if an
>> exception occurs. Today I copied the files from the server to my local
>> machine and opened a workspace starting to write an expression to open
>> them. Then I thought it would be cool if I could use the file browser for
>> it. So I opened it and navigated to the directory with the fuel files...et
>> voilà ...as soon as I clicked on a fuel file a button "materialize" appeared
>> which showed the stack from the server right away.
>> >>
>> >> Just brilliant! Well done!
>> >>
>> >> Norbert
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com
>
>
>
--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com
Feb. 26, 2014
Re: [Pharo-dev] Pharo-Business: a new mailing-list
by Santiago Bragagnolo
I'm in :)
2014-02-26 20:05 GMT+01:00 Pharo4Stef <pharo4Stef(a)free.fr>:
> Dear Pharoers and Smalltalkers from all over the world
>
> We would really like to push business in our community and we believe that
> it is important to create a community around business questions.
> We created a new mailing-list
>
>
> http://lists.pharo.org/mailman/listinfo/pharo-business_lists.pharo.org
>
> The idea is to identify
> - potential market
> - missing technical solutions that we could build together
> - share technical assets from a business perspective (which
> frameworks for what).
>
> We hope that you will like the idea and that more business can emerge!
>
>
Feb. 26, 2014
Re: [Pharo-dev] iPad version does not work ?
by Alexandre Bergel
So, can we have Pharo on the iphone and ipad?
Alexandre
On Feb 26, 2014, at 7:33 AM, jannik laval <jannik.laval(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Esteban,
> It works. I failed probably because I did not remove the app in the simulator.
>
> Thank you again.
>
> Jannik
>
>
> 2014-02-25 13:26 GMT+01:00 Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm(a)gmail.com>:
> btw what can be happening is that xcode fails to build freetype2.
> the way to workaround this problem is:
>
> first, build a makefile version of the app:
>
> sh build.sh
>
> then, re-prepare for xcode:
>
> rm CMakeCache.txt
> cmake -G Xcode .
>
>
> (that will build freetype2 first, and when xcode tries to get it, it will be already there, so it will ski the build part, who often and mysteriously fails)
>
> Esteban
>
>
> On 25 Feb 2014, at 13:22, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> that works for me.
>> what is the problem you are having?
>>
>>
>> On 25 Feb 2014, at 12:10, jannik laval <jannik.laval(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> It seems to not work :(
>>> Here is the process I follow:
>>>
>>> ===
>>> git clone https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm.git
>>> cd pharo-vm/image/
>>> ./newImage.sh ==> it load a pharo20
>>>
>>> ./pharo generator.image eval --save PharoIPhoneBuilder buildIPhoneSimulator
>>>
>>> cd ../iosbuild/resources/
>>>
>>> ./generate.sh ==> it is a pharo1.4 image.
>>>
>>> sudo ../scripts/extract-commit-info.sh
>>> sudo cmake -G Xcode .
>>>
>>> open iPharoSimulator.xcodeproj/
>>>
>>> In the list "ALL_BUILD", go to edit scheme, and change the Executable field to the iPharo.
>>> Select your iOS version and compile it.
>>> ===
>>>
>>> Jannik
>>>
>>>
>>> 2014-02-25 9:23 GMT+01:00 Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm(a)gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> On 25 Feb 2014, at 08:04, Pharo4Stef <pharo4Stef(a)free.fr> wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>> On 25 Feb 2014, at 01:31, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> it *should* be working now.
>>>>>
>>>>> cheers
>>>>> Esteban (who needs to write more documentation, but he does what he can :) )
>>>>
>>>> No need lentghly sentences just some nice bulleted lists of actions
>>>> and we can do something with that.
>>>
>>> yes, I will⦠but as I always say: time is a tyrant. And writing documentation is boring :)
>>> Anyway most of the process is already covered with current documentation, I just need to add a few points.
>>>
>>> (no one reads documentation either, is a bit annoying⦠every time is like starting from scratch⦠But donât take me into appoint, Iâm having a cynical morning :P)
>>>
>>> Esteban
>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On 24 Feb 2014, at 08:58, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> not yet⦠so far I restored the build capability, not the image event handling :(
>>>>>> (nevertheless, Iâm on it :) )
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Esteban
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On 24 Feb 2014, at 08:00, jannik laval <jannik.laval(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hi Esteban,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Did you already try ?
>>>>>>> I saw a message on the VM repo related to iOS, not sure it is for my problem.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>>> Jannik
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 2014-01-29 17:32 GMT+01:00 Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm(a)gmail.com>:
>>>>>>> oks⦠I will take a look⦠as soon as I can :S
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> (damn⦠I need to learn how to do a mitosisâ¦)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On 29 Jan 2014, at 17:28, jannik laval <jannik.laval(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I confirm that it does not work: the simulator compile (but not the non-simulator).
>>>>>>>> Then the image cannot be open: I have a white screen.
>>>>>>>> Here is my process:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> ===
>>>>>>>> 1) git clone https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm.git
>>>>>>>> 2) in ./image dir prepare a VMMaker image (including download of a pharo 2.0):
>>>>>>>> ./newImage.sh
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> 3)open the generated.image and execute:
>>>>>>>> ===
>>>>>>>> PharoIPhoneBuilder buildIPhone.
>>>>>>>> â or â
>>>>>>>> PharoIPhoneBuilder buildIPhoneSimulator.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> 4) Generate your iPhone image in iosbuild/resources/
>>>>>>>> ./generate.sh
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> 5) In dir ./build:
>>>>>>>> sh build.sh
>>>>>>>> ===
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>>>> Jannik
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> 2014-01-29 Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>> and btwâ¦
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> iosbuild/resource$ ./generate.sh
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> should generate a 1.4 image that *should* work in ipad (no idea if that will be the case, its been more than 6months since I do not test it and vm changed since then).
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Esteban
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On 29 Jan 2014, at 10:23, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> PharoIPhoneBuilder buildIPhone.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> it should generate all sources and a âbuild.shâ
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> then
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> build$ sh build.sh
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> will generate an xcode project.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> and let me remember⦠mmm⦠yeah, that was all :)
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> On 29 Jan 2014, at 08:10, jannik laval <jannik.laval(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Hi Esteban,
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Hum, this means that my instructions are outdated.
>>>>>>>>>> Where are the right instructions ? The ones on Github do not mention IOS.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>>>>>> Jannik
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> 2014-01-29 Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> On 29 Jan 2014, at 00:18, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 2:46 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>> because you are not following the instructions ;)
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> basically⦠you can generate them by:
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> build$ ../scripts/extract-commit-info.sh
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> I asked for this info last week ;-). Thanks!
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> hey! I answered you! :P
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> But this is alarming:
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> McStalker.pharovm$ ./scripts/extract-commit-info.sh
>>>>>>>>>>> readlink: ./scripts/extract-commit-info.sh Invalid argument
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> I suggest changing
>>>>>>>>>>> SCRIPT_DIR=`readlink "$0"` || SCRIPT_DIR="$0";
>>>>>>>>>>> to read
>>>>>>>>>>> SCRIPT_DIR=`readlink "$0" >/dev/null` || SCRIPT_DIR="$0";
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Esteban
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> On 28 Jan 2014, at 23:15, jannik.laval <jannik.laval(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Thank you, I am trying the latest one.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> When compiling for IOS, I have an error in sqSCCSVersion.h
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> #include "vmVersionInfo.h" // defines REVISION_STRING
>>>>>>>>>>>> the file is not found.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Anyone knows where is this file ?
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>>>>>>>> Jannik
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> On Jan 28, 2014, at 8:58 PM, Pharo4Stef <pharo4Stef(a)free.fr> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> jannik the latest vm is not on gitoruous anymore but git
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> On 27 Jan 2014, at 22:03, jannik laval <jannik.laval(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hum, have I the correct repository ?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I used this one: https://git.gitorious.org/cogvm/cog-osx.git
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> But, I just saw that this one exists: https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I should use it no?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jannik
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2014-01-27 Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm(a)gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1.4 and 2.0 worked out of the box⦠and after my latest integration, 3.0 should work too.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I will take a look as soon as I have half and hour to spare.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Esteban
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On 27 Jan 2014, at 14:27, jannik laval <jannik.laval(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hi list,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Does anyone try to load Pharoon iPad ?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> In the past, the version 1.4 worked with XCode 4.4.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I just tried to recompile it with the new XCode (5.0.2).
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The VM seems to work, but the pharo 1.4 image freezes.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any idea ?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ~~Jannik Laval~~
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ãcole des Mines de Douai
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Enseignant-chercheur
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://car.mines-douai.fr/
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ~~Jannik Laval~~
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ãcole des Mines de Douai
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Enseignant-chercheur
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://car.mines-douai.fr/
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>>> best,
>>>>>>>>>>> Eliot
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>> ~~Jannik Laval~~
>>>>>>>>>> Ãcole des Mines de Douai
>>>>>>>>>> Enseignant-chercheur
>>>>>>>>>> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
>>>>>>>>>> http://car.mines-douai.fr/
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>> ~~Jannik Laval~~
>>>>>>>> Ãcole des Mines de Douai
>>>>>>>> Enseignant-chercheur
>>>>>>>> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
>>>>>>>> http://car.mines-douai.fr/
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>> ~~Jannik Laval~~
>>>>>>> Ãcole des Mines de Douai
>>>>>>> Enseignant-chercheur
>>>>>>> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
>>>>>>> http://car.mines-douai.fr/
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> ~~Jannik Laval~~
>>> Ãcole des Mines de Douai
>>> Enseignant-chercheur
>>> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
>>> http://car.mines-douai.fr/
>>>
>>
>
>
>
>
> --
> ~~Jannik Laval~~
> Ãcole des Mines de Douai
> Enseignant-chercheur
> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
> http://car.mines-douai.fr/
>
--
_,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
Alexandre Bergel http://www.bergel.eu
^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.
Feb. 26, 2014