[ANN] preparing for release, freezing enhancements :)

EL
Esteban Lorenzano
Fri, Mar 10, 2023 10:03 AM

Hello,

We are slowly preparing to release Pharo 11.
For those making changes that are not bugfixes, we will open Pharo 12 branch beginning of next week.

Please, stop submitting enhancement/modification changes to Pharo 11, but instead all bugfixes you can contribute are welcome :)
cheers!
Esteban

Hello, We are slowly preparing to release Pharo 11. For those making changes that are not bugfixes, we will open Pharo 12 branch beginning of next week. Please, stop submitting enhancement/modification changes to Pharo 11, but instead all bugfixes you can contribute are welcome :) cheers! Esteban
PJ
Privat, Jean
Fri, Mar 10, 2023 12:42 PM

Nice,

do you have a timeframe in mind for the release, or this will be "when it's ready"?

Also, a suggestion: do not create a Pharo12 branch yet but use a master/main one (and make it the default branch).
It helps newcomers to understand more easily the structure of the project.

-J