We merged 34 Pull Requests and closed 64 issues this week.
Often one focuses on the pull requests. But even closed issue tracker entries that do not
result in one PR did require work... even if it might be just spending 30 minutes trying
to recreate the problem only to find that it has indeed been fixed already a long time ago.
A complete list of the closed issues is available at https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/pulse
Here are the PRs:
2681 debugger step into does not go into accessors or methods with primitives #8456
Removing suspicious update code in the debugger inspector, and fixing variable update problem with recursive call #8430
8370 metalinks cannot be reinstalled if the image was saved while they were uninstalled #8448
RB - Expose variable refactoring commands in source context #8472
RB - Create new refactoring, to create accessors with lazy initialization #8464
RB - Fix ExtractMethodTransformation #8465
RB - Introduce Extract setUp refactoring #8466
Fix smart characters and add missing tests #8504
Introduce asOpenInterval in Interval #8477
Fix copy-paste to take into account real AST node #8449
Work related to deprecations.. as you might know, we can tag methods not only as deprecated, but add
code to them which on-the-fly, at runtime, fixes the caller. This makes it much easier to evolve APIs.
Adding deprecations that were recommended by DepMiner (accepted by 3 reviewers) #8495
Adding deprecations that were recommended by DepMiner (accepted by all 4 reviewers) #8494
Adding transformation rules for two deprecated methods of Context. One of them was recommended by DepMiner but had to be modified #8510
And more cleanups… Among other cleanups, we are still slowly fixing all the cases where a variable is
defined but not used. Nearly there! when it is done, we add a release test and thus will never be able to
merge code like that ever again.
remove some unused class variables 1 #8433
Classify one unclassified method in Trait #8487
Clean the log file created on the disk by the test #8457