[Pharo-users] [ANN] Open source Pharo application "mediaclue"

Brodbeck Andreas andreas.brodbeck at mindclue.ch
Tue Feb 25 17:09:07 EST 2020

> Am 25.02.2020 um 19:46 schrieb Esteban Maringolo <emaringolo at gmail.com>:
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Thanks for sharing the whole stack and how to build it from the ground up.

Very welcome. I'm so happy that Pharo et.al. exists - I'm not shure if I would still be a developer not having the joy of Smalltalk in the toolbox!

> One thing I noticed is that you are using the Plupload component?
> How was that integration with Seaside done? Is it available separately?

(It's not separately as a package, unfortunately)

The integration needed some interwoven handshaking between Pharo, JavaScript, AJAX and ( ...drumroll... ) a little PHP! Good old ugly PHP is used behind the nginx webserver solely to accept the data-heavy uploading, while Pharo stays calm. Does a nice worker job, good ol' bro' PHP ;-)

Cheers, Andreas