[Pharo-users] What is the difference between a form and a morph?

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 01:08:14 EST 2020

On 24/02/20 10:37 AM, Steve Quezadas wrote:
>  > A Form is a rectangular of pixel.
> I don't understand. What is a "rectangular of a pixel"?

I meant rectangle of pixels. Sorry for the typo.

If you want to display a bitmap, you need to know its width x height x
depth. This is what a Form provides. See http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/697

>  > You can create a Morph around a form with:
> Don't you mean "convert  a [Form] to a [Morph] object"? What do you mean
> by "create a Morph around a form"?

No, you don't convert the form. You need a tool to see/edit/interact
with this object which is what a morph allows you to do. See

   http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2305

See John Maloney's article for details on Morphic GUI.

HTH .. Subbu