[Pharo-users] PolyMath v1.0.2 release

Serge Stinckwich serge.stinckwich at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 04:48:22 EST 2020

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 7:48 AM Markus Stumptner <mst at cs.unisa.edu.au>
wrote:

> Thanks for keeping working on this. I have a question, how much are the
> core classes of Polymath changed beyond the original Besset classes (or,
> beyond the "PM" prefix, how much has been changed relative to those that
> come with the Visualworks distribution)?   I'm not asking about external
> bindings such as the Tensorflow stuff, just the consistency of protocols
> for internal code.  We have some long-running projects and compatibility
> across environments (beyond the obvious environment differences) is quite
> important.

Hi Markus,

thank you for your interest for PolyMath !
I add the polymath mailing-list in CC. This is a better place for
discussions for PolyMath issues instead of Pharo-users.

Unfortunately, I dunno exactly how much changes has been done compared to
the original version, because we add a lot of unit tests, we fix bugs, we
add new functionalities like automatic differentiation, ODE solvers, data
analysis tools, etc ... Even if Didier Besset's code still represents an
important part of PolyMath, this percentage decreases as we add more
functionalities.

If you want to continue to use the original code, this is still possible to
find the original version of SqueakSource I think.

I would be interested to know what you are doing with PolyMath. If this is
something that you could not share here, you can send me a private email.
You can also contribute bugs/code:
https://github.com/PolyMathOrg/PolyMath/issues

If someone want a port of last version of PolyMath to VW, please contribute
some fundings :-)

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwic

Int. Research Unit
 on Modelling/Simulation of Complex Systems (UMMISCO)
Sorbonne University
 (SU)
French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD)
niversity of Yaoundé I, Cameroon
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for
machines to execute."
https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich