[Pharo-users] About "it's not pharo but smalltalk"

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Thu Feb 6 04:29:37 EST 2020

Benoît,

Stop this non-sense, please.

For somebody, intelligent, with decades experience in using some Smalltalk implementation, who has been on this list for years, you have a very hard time reading and understanding what is being said, and you know it.

The whole reason Pharo exists is to break free from the constraints of other people's ideas of what Smalltalk is and should remain to be.

We don't want that, it is a simple as that.

We will help and support anybody doing anything with Pharo, as we have always done.

In open source, you cannot go some mailing list and tell people what should be done and endlessly discuss about that: just do it yourself.

Sven