[Pharo-users] Pharo 8.0 via get.pharo.org

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen at fastmail.net
Thu Feb 6 03:31:23 EST 2020

Norbert Hartl <norbert at hartl.name> writes:

>> which contains Pharo.app, not the VM to run from the command
>> line.
>>
> This the same thing actually. For MacOS it is a bit cumbersome. You can start the vm with
>
> ./Pharo.app/Contents/MacOS/Pharo

OK, so the distribution format has changed from Pharo 7? What I got
before is a directory "pharo-vm" containing Pharo.app, plus two
scripts "pharo" and "pharo-ui" that facilitate execution from the
command line.

If the distribution format has indeed changed, then there's a bug in the
script that unpacks the zip file, and the documentation on
http://get.pharo.org/ is outdated as well. So my question remains the
same: what's the best way to report such bugs?

Cheers,
  Konrad.