[Pharo-users] About "it's not pharo but smalltalk"

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Wed Feb 5 13:11:47 EST 2020

> Am 05.02.2020 um 18:22 schrieb Steve Davies <steve at connection-telecom.com>:
>

>> On Wed, 5 Feb 2020 at 19:08, Cédrick Béler <cdrick65 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

> Thanks.
>
> My problem is I'm a newbie.  I thought Pharo was a Smalltalk,  containing code going back to ST80.  I don't know where Pharo stops and Smalltalk starts, so its not easy for me to tell if my question is a Pharo question of a Smalltalk one.
>
> Where are the better places for a Smalltalk (Pharo?) newbie to ask questions and follow along to deepen my understanding?

I‘m sorry for the confusion. But this list is exactly for people like you. If you take pharo and have a question or a problem this is the list to ask.
The current threads are to ensure this list stays useful for this purpose. And that‘s why we want to reduce non-pharo related stuff and misuse of this list

Please stay,

Norbert