[Pharo-users] Fuzzy Thinking in Smalltalk

Cédrick Béler cdrick65 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 08:32:10 EST 2020

>> On 5 Feb 2020, at 13:28, Lorenzo <lorenzo at edor.it> wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, if I can say my opinion, the observation ridicolous.
>
> Even though the article is interesting, there is no mention of the word 'Pharo' anywhere in the article, nor in any of the 3 slide presentations. Nor is there any Pharo or even Smalltalk code to be seen.

It is interesting indeed and I also agree that at least, if we had some code to see, that would be ok to me, because people can decide to port eventually.

I’m interested in all tool that manage uncertainty. Instead of Fuzzy Logic, I chose The Transferable Belief Model [1] 10y ago, (a derivative of Dempster Shafer Theory).
But this is probably different in essence, also it seems that it goes further that fuzzy logic since I see some genetic algorithms mentions.

I’d be interested though to look and try your system (and eventually port it to pharo if the licence is MIT).  The term fuzzy world sounds nice to me.

> It is very well possible that you have an application in Pharo, if so, I and everybody on this list would be *very* interesting is learning more about it.

Sure, also the thread was not easy to get. Do not take it personally, but mailing-list have to be friendly moderated ;-)

Is your code open source ?

Cheers,

Cédrick

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transferable_belief_model <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transferable_belief_model>