[Pharo-users] Microsoft COM

Esteban Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 08:12:18 EDT 2019

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 8:35 PM Vince Refiti <
vince.refiti at trapezegroup.com.au> wrote:

> Have you checked out Dolphin Smalltalk's way of creating COM components?
> The Dolphin guys have a wizard to "automatically generate wrapper classes
> for all the interfaces defined in the type-library" (from the help file).

I also was going to suggest checking Dolphin's approach as reference. They
have the wizard to wrap visual (OCX) and non-visual components [1], and it
works really well, I a past job we wrapped the whole Excel Object Model and
a few other things to automate it from Smalltalk.

Regards,

[1]
https://github.com/dolphinsmalltalk/Dolphin/tree/master/Core/Object%20Arts/Dolphin/ActiveX/COM

Esteban A. Maringolo