[Pharo-users] Code of Conduct

Stephan Eggermont stephan at stack.nl
Mon Sep 23 10:38:50 EDT 2019

Steve Quezadas <steveeq1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Your interpreting this information with a SJW lens.

SJW is a political construct from the extreme right. As a straight white
male from Western Europe I have seen enough discriminatory practices
applied to less privileged friends to know there is a problem. And as I can
afford to speak up, I do.

> Look at the low proportion of blacks and women who
> apply for CS majors in college. Are you going to say that colleges are
> using discriminatory practices to keep blacks and women from taking CS
> classes?

Yes, the colleges are set up to make it easier for white males to succeed.
There are enough models explaining why that happens

> Maybe the bulk of the low recruitment statistics is simply due to
> non-interest within that sub-culture.

Back to identity politics?

Stephan