[Pharo-users] [Pharo-dev] [ANN] New Windows VM - Fixes 1903 error

Richard O'Keefe raoknz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 17:26:23 EDT 2019

I understood Serge Stinkwich's question to be "at any given time, how do we
know whether
the VM we have is the latest one for our platform?"  Certainly that was
what I wanted to
know.  When I use the Launcher, I don't see any way to ask "is this VM I've
selected up-
to-date".  If I click on Update, the Launcher starts an HTTP request or
not, and after
enough time to make me think it is downloading quite a lot, just stops.  If
I repeat the
action, the whole process repeats.  This makes me think that the Launcher
is not looking
to see whether there is a new version, just downloading whatever is latest
at the other
end.

It would be nice to have an "is this image/VM up todate?" button somewhere,
that just
gets a few bytes of version number + checksum.