[Pharo-users] Code of Conduct

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Thu Sep 19 10:49:17 EDT 2019

>> On 19 Sep 2019, at 15:32, PBKResearch <peter at pbkresearch.co.uk> wrote
>> You may be right, though I don’t think so. But ‘You have been warned’
was aimed at me; I’m sure of that.

> On Thu, 19 Sep 2019 at 21:50, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Offray is right.
> And no, I was not referring to you but in general :)

Misinterpretation is a risk of a low-bandwidth communication channel like
email and demonstrates
the risk of a CoC being weighted towards first strike punitive action.

I do think having a CoC is useful to provide a baseline (and also in
today's world not having one can be a troublesome vacuum).
I like GoLang's adaption (https://golang.org/conduct) with the priority of
goals spelled out in the "About" introduction,
and the way it replaces the "Enforcement" section by "Conflict Resolution"

The Linux CoC sidebar has some good points (
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/code-of-conduct-interpretation.html#code-of-conduct-interpretation
)

Maybe our CoC could be as simple as... (https://dart.dev/code-of-conduct)

cheers -ben