[Pharo-users] Code of Conduct

James Foster Smalltalk at JGFoster.net
Wed Sep 11 13:07:14 EDT 2019

> On Sep 11, 2019, at 8:17 AM, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <offray.luna at mutabit.com> wrote:
>
> On 11/09/19 9:14 a. m., Herby Vojčík wrote:
>> I found Contributor Covenant-derived Code of Conduct was added to
>> Pharo, three months ago. This is unacceptable under any circumstances.
>>
>> Have fun in your woke hell.
>
> I would like to have more details about this. For those of us who don't
> believe in hell, what is the problem of an explicit Code of Conduct?

More specifically, what behavior does the Code prohibit that you would otherwise do?

For my part, while I might not subscribe to the full progressive agenda, I wasn’t planning any racial or ethnic slurs (or a theological discussion of the afterlife—but feel free to ask me privately!), so don’t find this “woke” agenda too constricting.

James