[Pharo-users] Mathex first release is out.
julien at tamere.eu
Sun Sep 20 13:44:11 EDT 2015
I'm sending this mail for those who are eventually interested in the
I announced in a precedent mail
Mathex has now its first release: 0.1 (the latest release will always be
in the same state
as master branch, new features will be on bleed till there is no new
release. So basically,
releases are not really usefull except for announcing them :) ).
Here is a list of changes/additional features since the last mail:
- Greek letters are defined as globals: Alpha, Beta, ...
- Additional packages for more latex commands
- GT-Inspector extensions to:
* explore the tree formed by Mathex objects
* see the LaTeX code generated by a Mathex object
* Have a preview of the compiled LaTeX code using pdflatex
- The possibility to define custom commands made of Mathex objects
blocks (see: https://github.com/juliendelplanque/mathex/wiki#advanced-uses)
- Documentation available on the wiki (more to come)
- A code rewriter and its GUI (not documented yet and still
experimental) that allows you
to write "Mathex Smalltalk" ie Smalltalk code where #asMathex message is
sent to all literals automatically.
This make the code lighter because in spite of '(1 asMathex + 2
asMathex) equal: 3 asMathex.', you can write:
'(1 + 2) equal: 3' and get Mathex objects that are able to generate LaTeX.
- The possibility to create Mathex objects using symbols. For example:
'#vdash asMathex' returns a MVdash object.
- Added messages to do things like:
'$a asMathex ==> $b asMathex' and get the latex code 'a \Rightarrow b'.
- Some refactoring
And probably things I forgot
Mathex github repository: https://github.com/juliendelplanque/mathex
Mathex 0.1 release:
https://github.com/juliendelplanque/mathex/releases/tag/0.1 (you can
just follow instructions in this mail or in the README to get it).
Mathex wiki: https://github.com/juliendelplanque/mathex/wiki.
Install Mathex package:
Install Mathex extensions (after Mathex package installation):
MLoader loadArrows. "Load Mathex-Arrows"
MLoader loadBinaryOperators. "Load Mathex-BinaryOperators"
MLoader loadLoglike. "Load Mathex-Loglike"
MLoader loadMisc. "Load Mathex-Misc"
MLoader loadRelations. "Load Mathex-Relations"
Install GT-Inspector extensions (after Mathex package installation):
Add a preview of the LaTeX code compiled in GT-Inspector (only for linux
users from now, sorry for others)
Comments, help and critics are welcome.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Pharo-users