[Pharo-dev] New Latest VM - Please Test

tesonep at gmail.com tesonep at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 09:16:19 EST 2020

Hi Alistair,
    thank you for testing it, I will try to generate a version for
older glibc as soon it does not produce a problem with newer versions.

This is an interesting subject to discuss and see what is better for
our community.
Nowadays, we are centering in producing executable versions for Debian
based distributions (especially Ubuntu).
We have to decide which are the platforms we are going to support
directly generating binaries distributions and what only through
support in source code.

Having more and more versions and different building environments
requires also to have matching testing scenarios and the effort to
maintain them.

As usual, we have limited resources and we have to decide where to put
the efforts. If there are special interests in a given platform it
will be nice to know that (and also if you use it and can, please
think about how to collaborate with the efforts done by the
consortium).

Also, I will like to discuss this subject as choosing Debian / Ubuntu
is just a casualty and we need to have a thought decision.

Cheers

--
Pablo Tesone.
tesonep at gmail.com