[Pharo-dev] BlueInk removal

Esteban Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 13:31:01 EST 2019

On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 6:14 AM Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at stfx.eu> wrote:

> This is all true, BUT ...
>
> Very few people attempt to do fundamental changes/cleanups/subsystem-replacements in the core image.

This all true, BUT ... :-)

> This takes a lot of work, is never easy and almost always has issues.

This is exactly why you "roll out" features.

> Resources are limited as well, in theory things can be done better, in practice in the real world, not so much.

Resources are limited to everyone, commercial vendors, sponsored ones
like Pharo and, last but not least, "users" [1].

[1] That, like me, read these discussions and only participate in the
list because sometimes they seem biased because of a lack of
consideration/feedback.

I won't argue against the enormous progress and things being done by
the whole Pharo team, but IMO minimizing the use of resources
(time/effort) as a whole is more an objective than a resources thing.

> The alternative is to never touch anything and stay stagnant.

This is a false dichotomy. But can't deny its punch. :-)

Regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo