[Pharo-dev] MDLApplication

Cyril Ferlicot cyril.ferlicot at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 05:55:10 EST 2019

On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 11:17 AM Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at stfx.eu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use MaterialDesignLite (master branch in Pharo 7). The demo works perfectly.
>
> Now, I thought I would start writing a small web app by subclassing MDLApplication, since that seems to set up things properly.
>
> Is that class finished ? How am I supposed to use it ? There are screens, but how are these rendered ? Do I have to do this myself ? Must there not be an idea of a current screen ?
>
> MDLScreen is in fact an empty class.
>
> Although there are units tests for MDLApplication, there is no subclass, so no actual user. It feels a bit as if the demo should/could use it.

Hi,

This class was introduced at the beginning of MDL and was used by its creator.

This person does not contribute anymore and I never really used it so
I do not know how useful it is. I will add an issue to take a look and
either improve it or deprecate it to not make people lose time.

https://github.com/DuneSt/MaterialDesignLite/issues/292

As Julien told you, I usually start a standard MDL application with
the generator I wrote to get the basic infrastructure.

I hope it helps you getting started smoothly.

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr