[Pharo-dev] BlueInk removal

Cyril Ferlicot cyril.ferlicot at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 08:05:23 EST 2019

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 6:29 PM ducasse <stepharo at netcourrier.com> wrote:

> Cyril
>
> We are crawling with too many things.
> Pharo should start to lose fat FOR REAL.
> I really hope that we will get rid of lot of old code in the future.
> If Enlumineur does not work when we integrate it - I just issue a PR
> then you will have a good case for reintegrating and having two formatter, two contexts classes,
> two packages full of nearly the same but not quite tests.

Yes but deprecation give us time to migrate.

Now I cannot work on Moose because the dev version is broken since
Roassal depends on GTEventRecorder and it was removed without
deprecation.

It's the second day in a row where I cannot work properly. And I don't
know when Moose will be fixed because I don't know the code of roassal
and I cannot fix it myself. So I have to wait that someone else fixes
it.

I understand that we want Pharo to be smaller but here it prevent
people from working. And the size of those projects is nothing
compared to the global size of Pharo and we are assured to be able to
remove them just after the release of Pharo 8.

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr