[Pharo-dev] BlueInk removal

Cyril Ferlicot cyril.ferlicot at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 05:55:54 EST 2019

Hi,

Can we revert the removal of blueink the time the new formatter is in
the image please? (And maybe deprecate it instead of removing it).

I ask this because:
- If we work with Pharo 8 we need to format the code by hand because
the format option is currently messing the code
- The current formatter is removing all method comment
- Currently removing it without deprecation is breaking the setting
system (And since I push the setting system further than most people,
I cannot even open an image with settings now...)

I remind that the formatter is called by the refactorings. Imagine my
surprise when I wanted to commit refactorings and I saw all the
formatting messed up and all my method comments missing. I really do
not appreciate to lose comments I spent time to write like this...

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr