[Pharo-dev] Git URL issues

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Fri Nov 1 12:44:42 EDT 2019

> On 31 Oct 2019, at 12:18, Norbert Hartl <norbert at hartl.name> wrote:
>

>> Am 31.10.2019 um 12:12 schrieb Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at stfx.eu>:
>>

>>> On 25 Oct 2019, at 14:49, Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at stfx.eu> wrote:
>>>
>>> How do you build/deploy non-public production code using the command line ?
>>
>> I just learned about the following technique:
>>
>> Using SSH agent forwarding
>>
>> https://developer.github.com/v3/guides/using-ssh-agent-forwarding/
>>
>> This certainly makes using certificates on production servers much easier since you do no longer have to manage or install special ones on the deployment servers, you can just use your standard developer certificates.
>>
> That is quite late :P I always use this as it also chains through all the machins you log in. We use jenkins for building our software there it does not work. We just have a deployment key for that. That is a key pair without passphrase that is registered in the git repository and installed on the jenkins server.
>
> Norbert

Indeed, the SSH forwarding cannot be used for independent CI builds.

I am curious though: how do you do the initial checkout (clone) from your private repository ? Using regular git command line tools or using Iceberg/Metacello ?

If the latter, how do you specify your URL, exactly ?

The first case works for me too, using a gitlocal:// URL, but that is cheating a bit, I feel like we should be able to do this directly in Pharo.

Sven