[Pharo-dev] Debugger opening on user halt and not Object>>halt

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Thu Jan 31 08:51:23 EST 2019

On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 at 17:15, Guillermo Polito <guillermopolito at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Check the pragma debuggerCompleteToSender and its users. I think it's
> related to that.
> BenComan probably can give a better insight since (if I recall correctly)
> he introduced it?

Thats right.  Use "Tools > Finder > Source" to search for...
debuggerCompleteToSender
ignoring where its a pragma.

That leaves...
  Process>>complete:
  Process>>stepToHome:
  GTGenericStackDebugger>>filteredStack
  GTGenericStackDebugger>>setDebuggerToFirstNonFilteredContext

The first was me. Not sure about the second. The latter two were someone
else.

> Guille
>
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 5:44 PM Thomas Dupriez <
> tdupriez at ens-paris-saclay.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Does someone know which is the code responsible for the debugger opening
>> on the halt of the user instead of Object>>halt (see picture)? It's neat
>> but it's not the regular behaviour so I'm guessing it is handled somewhere
>> specifically for halt messages?

Its not just for halt, but for any method that you don't want the debugger
opening in the method sending #signal.
Is your snapshot based on modified code? In
Pharo-7.0.1+build.146.sha.c48755acc5f489337be0e7abc882c15b1707b254 (32 Bit)
in Playground I evaluate...
    1 + 1.
    self halt.
    2 + 2.
and my top line is the same as your second line.

cheers -ben