[Pharo-dev] [ANN] Pharo 7.0 released!

phil at highoctane.be phil at highoctane.be
Thu Jan 24 06:26:42 EST 2019

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 11:17 AM Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 24 Jan 2019, at 09:23, Hernán Morales Durand <hernan.morales at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> Just want to congratulate for the big achievements in this new release.
> I am trying it right now and it looks very stable!
> Great work guys!
>

> :)
> Just for the record, I’m using same image since 3 monts (and to do some
> very heavy work).
> And image has not grown more than normal, and everything still works
> smooth.
>
> So yes, bugs and limitations aside (there will always be one and the
> other), this may be the most stable version we have made since P3 :P

Wonderful. Really.

Stability is key indeed.

Now, how do you deal with freezing images? Because let's be honest, this
happens and is super frustrating.

As the lead engineer on Pharo, you have for sure interesting tricks on that
front.

I have been also frustrated by Epica and code recovery because things
happened that were "weird" (for the lack of a better factual word).
Tricks on that as well?

Phil