[Pharo-dev] Is metacello aware of MC branches???

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 06:18:51 EST 2019

Hi all,
I'm trying to resolve a dialect compatibility problem like this:

I want to load the Squeak and Pharo3 to 5 version depending on FFI
Smallapack-StdLib-nice.1

For Pharo6, I made a different branch depending on UFFI
Smallapack-StdLib.UFFI-nice.1

In the base line, i tell
    spec for: #'common' do: [
        spec blessing: #'baseline'.
        spec repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/Smallapack'.
        spec package: 'Smallapack-StdLib']
and in the version I tell

    spec for: #squeak do: [
        spec package: 'Smallapack-StdLib' with: 'Smallapack-StdLib-nice.1'].
    spec for: #'pharo5.0.x' do: [
        spec package: 'Smallapack-StdLib' with: 'Smallapack-StdLib-nice.1'].
    spec for: #'pharo6.0.x' do: [
        spec package: 'Smallapack-StdLib' with:
'Smallapack-StdLib.UFFI-nice.1'].

but the configuration loads Smallapack-StdLib-nice.1 instead of
Smallapack-StdLib.UFFI-nice.1

I would like to avoid using two different package names because it
complexifies the baseline for nothing.
It the same package, just a different branch.
Isn't it possible?
Why?
Can we fix it?