[Pharo-dev] Catalog Entries

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Tue Dec 18 08:23:17 EST 2018

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 at 21:01, Esteban Maringolo <emaringolo at gmail.com>
wrote:

> El mar., 18 dic. 2018 a las 9:53, Sven Van Caekenberghe
> (<sven at stfx.eu>) escribió:
> >
> > So let us agree on the best name then, to minimise confusion going
> forward.
> >
> > I am not sure I would go for camel case, git is typically lowercase (or
> so it feels), I agree 'release' should be part of the name, so
> >
> > last-release
> > latest-release
> > lastRelease
> > latestRelease
>
> Following "gittish" conventions, IMO `latest-release` would be the
> proper name because "last" suggests me there won't be more releases
> afterwards.

Good point. +1.

But I wonder if moving tags is really a good idea.  I've not practical
experience with it
but reading section "If the tag is edited on the server, but the local one
is old"
    http://blog.iqandreas.com/git/how-to-move-tags/
it seems potentially complicated.

Whereas if latest-release was a branch, after you version tag your release
you could do...
$ git checkout latest-release
$ git merge tagversion
$ git push

And side benefit, latest-release would show up in the github > Insights >
Network view
to easily inspect what changes have been made since latest-release.

cheers -ben