[Pharo-dev] Catalog Entries

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Tue Dec 18 07:45:39 EST 2018

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 at 19:12, Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at stfx.eu> wrote:

> I am trying to load https://github.com/svenvc/ztimestamp/releases/latest
> which is actually https://github.com/svenvc/ztimestamp/releases/tag/v24
>
> The following works because that is the whole idea of releases (which are
> just tags)
>
> Metacello new
>   baseline: 'ZTimestamp';
>   repository: 'github://svenvc/ztimestamp:v24';
>   load.
>
> But I would like to do
>
> Metacello new
>   baseline: 'ZTimestamp';
>   repository: 'github://svenvc/ztimestamp:latest';

This might be something good to have as a community convention,
but "latest" on its own is a bit ambiguous.  Reading your subsequent post
maybe "latestRelease"  would be good (or "lastRelease"),
to distinguish "latestStable" which is similar but not necessarily a
release.

(or maybe I'm being too pedantic)
cheers -ben

  load.