[Pharo-dev] Pharo image don't restart

Trussardi Dario Romano dario.trussardi at tiscali.it
Fri Dec 14 06:41:28 EST 2018

Some consideration:

	At 12 December:

			I work all day with the image.

			at:	19:xx 	I save the image without any problem.

						But after saved the image the system begin unstable.

					 	When the mouse go on the windows summary bar ( at the bottom of the Pharo window ) the image crash.

						Some time i can launch - relaunch the same image from the PharoLauncher ( the pharo run but was unstable )

		at:	19:45 After reload the unstable image ( as mentioned above )

						i do the save command ( saving it on itself ) and  the system crash.

						After this crash ( when i do the image save command ),

							i have not been able to launch the image.

						I do not know the status of this image ( I call this corrupt image  )

	At 13 December:

				A) From pharoLauncher i launch the corrupt image some time,

					the  shell report the issue,

					but don't create the crash.dmp file.

				B) After copy the pharoLauncher corrupt image 	into Pharo7.0-64DTRDevErr entry

					i do this:

				/opt/pharolauncher/pharo-vm$ ./pharo --eden 15207744 /home/party/Pharo/images/Pharo7.0-64DTRDevErr/Pharo7.0-64DTRDevErr.image

					the shell report:

pthread_setschedparam failed: Operation not permitted
This VM uses a separate heartbeat thread to update its internal clock
and handle events.  For best operation, this thread should run at a
higher priority, however the VM was unable to change the priority.  The
effect is that heavily loaded systems may experience some latency
issues.  If this occurs, please create the appropriate configuration
file in /etc/security/limits.d/ as shown below:

cat <<END | sudo tee /etc/security/limits.d/pharo.conf
*      hard    rtprio  2
*      soft    rtprio  2
END

and report to the pharo mailing list whether this improves behaviour.

You will need to log out and log back in for the limits to take effect.
For more information please see
...........r3732#linux
Errore di segmentazione (core dump creato)

				C) i have a PharoDebug.log	but has the size of 16MB.

					How can I send it to you?

		This is the status of the problematic.

			Thanks,

				Dario