[Pharo-dev] Stuck trying to contribute

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Mon Oct 30 15:33:21 EDT 2017

Hi,

Sorry, but I am person 237 trying to contribute to Pharo 7 the new way.

I was following https://github.com/guillep/PharoIntegrationProcess/wiki/Contribute-a-fix-to-Pharo and I got stuck just before step 3, after trying to do "That will calculate the differences between the checked-out branch and your image, show you the tree with the differences and let you commit (and push)". Specifically, the 'and push' fails.

$ sw_vers
ProductName:	Mac OS X
ProductVersion:	10.13
BuildVersion:	17A405

$ curl get.pharo.org/70+vm | bash

$ ./pharo-ui Pharo.image

I now have the following setup, which is correct I think.

I can commit on my local branch (left button), but when I try to do the 'and Push' (right button), things hang after I enter my credentials.

Locally, I see

$ git status
On branch 20613-Improve-some-UUID-comments
nothing to commit, working tree clean

with the new code already committed

$ cat src/Network-UUID.package/UUID.class/class/new.st
instance creation
new
	"Create and return a new UUID"

	"self new"

	^ (self new: 16)

What did I do wrong ? How do I proceed ?

Sven