[Pharo-dev] Esteban's ChangeLog week of 23 October 2017
estebanlm at gmail.com
estebanlm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 03:00:09 EDT 2017
This is my weekly ChangeLog, from 23 October 2017 to 29 October 2017.
You can see it in a better format by going here: http://log.smallworks.eu/web/search?from=23/10/2017&to=29/10/2017
26 October 2017:
* I spent far too much time backporting 0.6.2 to Pharo 6.1, but now is done :)
25 October 2017:
* ... and iceberg 0.6.2 hit Pharo 7.0a :)
* I just released [Iceberg v0.6.2](https://github.com/pharo-vcs/iceberg/releases/tag/v0.6.2)
Now I need to
* update Pharo 7.0
* backport to Pharo 6.1
* I backported latest [metacello](http://github.com/metacello/metacello) to Pharo 6.1
This is needed to now backport iceberg (0.6.2)
24 October 2017:
* And now I took the oportunity to modify zeroconf to *not* download sources if release >= 7.0 (the
image comes with sources anyway).
* I just changed the way zeroconf works to restore its original purpose.
Turns out, at some moment we introduced a change to ask users if an override will happen. But this
is a problem because zeroconf is designed to be used on CI environments, where human interaction does
not have a place.
I restored the old behaviour, but now I'm creating a backup of files already existing.
This way if someone has an error and executes zeroconf in the wrong place, previous images will not
23 October 2017:
* I spend some days last week woking with the guys of AFI ([http://afi-sa.fr](http://afi-sa.fr), yes they also use Pharo
in some of their projects) and together we recovered SeasideTesting from Davis Shaffer to be used for
their TDD experience.
you can check it out here: [https://github.com/Afibre/SeasideTesting](https://github.com/Afibre/SeasideTesting)
Whatâs SeasideTesting? A package to test Seaside components.
Why we do not use Parasol? Because it is based on selenium and that makes the process slow.
Where can I know more?
* there is some documentation here (for VW, I think): [http://www.shaffer-consulting.com/david/Seaside/TestingComponents/TestingComponents.html](http://www.shaffer-consulting.com/david/Seaside/TestingComponents/TestingComponents.html)
* some slides here (on squeak): [http://esug.org/data/ESUG2005/Wednesday/2005-ESUG-Shaffer.pdf](http://esug.org/data/ESUG2005/Wednesday/2005-ESUG-Shaffer.pdf)
but all that is old. Best way is to just install and see the tests, as always,
More information about the Pharo-dev