[Pharo-dev] feenk log
tudor at tudorgirba.com
Wed Oct 25 11:53:00 EDT 2017
Our team is working on a couple of projects that are relevant for the core of Pharo, namely GT and Bloc/Brick. At ESUG we were asked by several people, and Stef in particular, to make the progress on these projects more transparent. To this end, we will start two streams of signals:
- fine grained info bits on out Twitter account (several times a week): https://twitter.com/feenkcom
- a less often but regular (probably every 2 weeks) activity log message sent to this mailing list
Please let us know if you see an issue with this.
In the meantime, let’s start.
- Over the past couple of weeks Alex worked on transformations and measurements in the core system. It turns out that there was room for quite a number of performance optimizations and for making the system more debuggable.
- At the low level, this involved adding matrix and vector support.
- At a higher level, it implies keeping track of measurements
- And of transformations:
- The BlScalableElement is now working properly
- The current repository with unary-based examples is at: https://github.com/feenkcom/gtoolkit-examples
- We now have a runner in the inspector that allows us to both see the source code and run and play with the resulting object:
- Andrei made the “after” behavior to work with unary examples.
The feenk team
"Being happy is a matter of choice."
More information about the Pharo-dev