[Pharo-dev] Iceberg - viewing uncommitted changes

Alistair Grant akgrant0710 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 09:34:32 EDT 2017

Hi Ben,

On Tue, Oct 03, 2017 at 09:36:59PM +0800, Ben Coman wrote:
> When the Iceberg [Packages] tab shows "Uncommitted changes",
> how do you view what those changes are?
>
> For example...
> $ curl get.pharo.org/70+vm | bash
> $ ./pharo-ui
> * Open System > Settings > Include system repositories by default = enabled
> * Open Tools > Iceberg > "pharo"
> * Click <Clone> button > enter "git at github.com:pharo-project/pharo.git"
> * Close and reopen Iceberg so the four tabs show
> * Select [Packages] tab and sort by "Name" so dirty packages are at top
> (btw, GT-Spotter and Reflectivity packages are dirty, but ignore that for now)
> * Open System Browser, randomly select AST-Core > NumberParser > allowPlusSign
> * Change the comment, save, enter author details.
> * Not sure how to refresh [Packages] tab, so close and reopen Iceberg and
> select [Packages] tab, sorted by "Name"
> ==> "AST_Core" shows "Uncomitted changes"
> So from here, how can I view what the uncommitted changes of that package are?
> I partly expect it in the context menu of AST_Core package.
>
> cheers -ben

I'm way behind on my list reading, so you've probably already figured
this out, but just in case, or maybe someone has a better answer...

If you right click on the repository and select "Synchronize
repository.." (Ctrl-S) you'll get a dialog displaying all the changes
displayed as a tree, with the package at the top level.

Cheers,
Alistair