[Pharo-dev] OSWindow in Pharo 6.1 stable

Clément Bera bera.clement at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 03:49:17 EDT 2017

Hi again,

I made many more attempts since those mails: I wrote this page
<https://github.com/clementbera/wizard-battle-arena> showing how to deploy
my game in native app at 50fps on Linux, Mac and Windows.

Currently I deploy with:
Ubuntu 64 bits: Pharo61-64 (Pharo61-32 also works with the right lib
installed)
Mac OS X 64 bits: Pharo5Alpha-32 (On Pharo61 the keyboard events do not
work correctly)
Windows 64 bits: Pharo61-32 (There are bugs with the SDL2 window, the top
bar is not displayed, but the game work. Reportedly it would work better
with Pharo61-64 but the default Pharo64 VM on Windows still does not
feature the JIT, once the default VM does, I will update).

My goal is to deploy on all platforms with Pharo61-64 (and later Pharo7-64).

I wrote this mail since maybe you are interested in knowing that with
Pharo5Alpha-32 and the set-up described on the page of my game the keyboard
events work fine on Mac, so it may be possible to write a fix for
Pharo61/Pharo7 based on that.

Best,

--
Clément Béra