[Pharo-dev] Help for the mooc

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Tue Oct 17 16:36:04 EDT 2017

> On 17 Oct 2017, at 22:29, Stephane Ducasse <stepharo.self at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> students have a problem with the following in Pharo 50 (we could not upgrade)
>
> (ZnEasy getPng: 'http://pharo.org/web/files/pharo.png') asMorph openInWindow
>

> ConnectionClosed : connection closed while waiting for data
>
> And well this is super annoying.
>
> Stef

This is fixed in later versions. You can try the following:

(ZnEasy getPng: 'http://pharo.org/files/pharo.png') asMorph openInWindow.

The reason that last one works is that http://pharo.org/files/pharo.png is an http url that resolves directly, while http://pharo.org/web/files/pharo.png redirects to an https equivalent which can only be read with #serverName support. For this, you need not only a more recent version of Zinc, but also a newer VM with a more recent SSL plugin.

Sven