[Pharo-dev] shameless request: please star pharo-project/pharo in GitHub :)

Cyril Ferlicot D. cyril.ferlicot at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 16:38:22 EDT 2017

Le 09/10/2017 à 22:32, Esteban A. Maringolo a écrit :
> Thanks Paul.
>
> Esteban: Shouldn't the repo be marked as "Smalltalk" language?
>
> Performing a search on repos of "Smalltalk" there are several ones
> with less stars than Pharo, and it doesn't show up.
>
> https://github.com/search?o=desc&q=language%3ASmalltalk&s=stars&type=Repositories&utf8=%E2%9C%93

Hi,

Language recognition by linguist[1] is limited to 100.000 blobs by repo[2].

Pharo will probably be marked as Smalltalk when it will move to Tonel :)

When it will be done we should also to a PR to linguist to add some
Tonel samples, else I'm afraid it will confuse Pharo with other languages.

> Esteban A. Maringolo

[1] https://github.com/github/linguist
[2]
https://github.com/github/linguist/blob/829eea01396e8e5747cd83f799d41196b2b9d898/lib/linguist/repository.rb#L135