[Pharo-dev] Non blurry Pharo 6.1 on Windows 10 and 4K display

phil at highoctane.be phil at highoctane.be
Sun Oct 8 12:59:36 EDT 2017

Just wanted to say that one can have Pharo on a 4K display without blurry
fonts.

https://i.imgur.com/FDeLFTN.png

This requires to use the settings with Large or Huge fonts.

And create a shortcut to Pharo.exe with the following settings in the
properties of that shortcut:

https://i.imgur.com/7G1sEtz.png

There are then other issues showing, namely that tools are opening with
default extents that are way too small for a 4K screen.

Maybe we should detect that or have a command line switch and update all
tools so that the extent is multiplied by that factor.

The cursor is also tiny, but maybe VistaCursors can help.

So, a Hi-DPI screen on Windows 10 is definitely not an issue.

My new laptop has such a screen so, I have got an itch to scratch to get
legible and usable things on it.

Icons are also too small and some items like Spotter "search" placeholder
are not respecting the font sizes of the settings.

https://i.imgur.com/lIAwdKx.png

Anyway, no blur, yay!

Check
https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-adjust-high-dpi-scaling-in-windows-10/