[Pharo-dev] MetaLink question

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Tue Oct 3 10:45:03 EDT 2017

> On 1 Oct 2017, at 14:58, Thierry Goubier <thierry.goubier at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> is there a way to look at a method code once it has been added metalinks?

You can inspect the method. The best is to turn on #optionCompileOnLinkInstallation

(just add

	optionCompileOnLinkInstallation: true;

to the link definition).

This way the method is recompiled when installing the link, not on execution.

After you can inspect the method and look at the Bytecode / IR.

> I'm trying to add a metalink after the last statement of a block and it fails on IR generation with an unknown temporary...

If you have a test I can have a look, too

	Marcus