[Pharo-dev] [Ann] Class meta annotations

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Tue Oct 3 10:15:49 EDT 2017

Denis Kudriashov wrote
> I thought I explained it in my blog... But I know that I am a bad writer.

Ah, sorry I forgot to re-read the blog and was trying to refresh my
understanding just based on this thread. I wouldn't say the post was poorly
written, just seemed to assume a prior familiarity with the inherent value
of class annotations.

>From what I understand, what you're describing sounds very Magritte-like.
What I don't understand is the difference between, for example:

    CmdCommand class>>#activators ^ self classAnnotations select: [ :each |
each isKindOf: CmdCommandActivationStrategy ]

and a <commandActivationStrategy> pragma which signifies a message returning
an appropriate object.

-----
Cheers,
Sean