[Pharo-dev] Two GitHub organizations

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 12:53:53 EDT 2017

> On 2 Oct 2017, at 17:33, Denis Kudriashov <dionisiydk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Peter Uhnák wrote
> > http://forum.world.st/IMPORTANT-iceberg-home-changed-tp4944480p4944684.html <http://forum.world.st/IMPORTANT-iceberg-home-changed-tp4944480p4944684.html>
>
> I still don't understand :/
>
> Me too :)
> I think it was not actually discussed and explained. At least linked thread not describes it.

not everything can be discussed, but it was explained (in that link, it is explained very well):
- it is easier to organise related work into teams (for example: iceberg, libgit2 bindings, filetree and now tonel) than to have everything on same team.
- is also a marketing stuff: more groups of pharo related stuff in github.
- it is also an easy choice: if that does not works, is very easy to change and group everything (but today I still think it was a good decision)

Esteban