[Pharo-dev] I love the launcher!!!!

Christophe Demarey christophe.demarey at inria.fr
Tue Nov 28 11:30:11 EST 2017

Hi Bernhard,

> Le 25 nov. 2017 à 16:24, Bernhard Pieber <bernhard at pieber.com> a écrit :
>
> Hi Stef,
>
> I just found download links on this page:
> https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-launcher
> They point to Jenkins build artefacts.
>
> Thank you for implementing the launcher. As a newbie I ran into some questions:
>
> I guess the launcher is not self-updating, right?

right.

> If not, how can I find out if I already have the latest version?

There is no way for now: https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-launcher/issues/23
What you can do is to open Monticello and see if you have latest versions of the Launcher packages.

Latest version is available at:
http://files.pharo.org/platform/launcher/Pharo_1.0.1.dmg (os X)
http://files.pharo.org/platform/launcher/Pharo-linux-1.0.1.zip (linux)
http://files.pharo.org/platform/launcher/pharo_installer-1.0.1.exe (win)

> I don’t really understand what Local means. Is there a difference between Local > Pharo 6.1 (stable) and Official distributions > Pharo 6.1 (stable)?

Local category lists templates you have on your machine.

> And what is the difference between Local > Pharo6.1 (stable) and Local > latest? Hmm, when I launched Local > latest I got a debugger[1].

Probably you downloaded an image called Latest with the Launcher. It then has been added to the local category.

> What also bothers me is that I cannot switch to the white theme in the settings. I just can’t read the UI on the dark theme.

We could add these setting easily. Could you open an issue ? https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-launcher/issues

Regards,
Christophe.