[Pharo-dev] Problem with primitive instVarAt: / instVarAt:put:, what should we do ?

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Fri Nov 24 04:32:02 EST 2017

> On 24 Nov 2017, at 00:21, Clément Bera <bera.clement at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 12:00 AM, Stephane Ducasse <stepharo.self at gmail.com <mailto:stepharo.self at gmail.com>> wrote:
> Did you talk with marcus?
>
> I don't understand the connection between slots and this problem with primitives.

There is no connection, just the same name.

For Slots aka First Class Instance variables:

I sometimes think that Slot for the first class instance variables might not be a good name, but then,
the only alternative would be “instance variable”, but that is not that nice either, as these Slots include
virtual variables (that are computed) or variables that are combine stored in a hidden base slot (e.g.
used for BooleanSlot or PropertySlot).

So for now I will keep the Slot term…

	Marcus