[Pharo-dev] Bloc Tutorial Feedback

Aliaksei Syrel alex.syrel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 03:05:14 EST 2017

Hi Sean,

That is awesome, thank you! :)

- The booklet reached from the GH readme seems out of sync with Bloc. I had
> to alter a lot of the animations from the loaded code e.g.
> BlTransformAnimation did not exist (I used BlScaleAnimation instead),
> animations didn't understand #absolute, ` animation startOn: target` needed
> to be changed to `animation target: target; start`, etc.

That is the Iceberg issue (https://github.com/pharo-vcs/iceberg/issues/479).
Tutorial requires you to load a stable version of Bloc from *pharo6.1*
branch. However, iceberg does not do that and instead loads an ancient bloc
version from #master branch because you probably have a shared repo of bloc
somewhere on your machine.
The tutorial's code is up-to date :)

Could you try to remove any bloc clones from you computer, take a fresh
pharo6.1 image and install Tutorial following the readme? (
https://github.com/pharo-graphics/Tutorials)

Cheers,
Alex