[Pharo-dev] [Pharo-users] I love the launcher!!!!

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Thu Nov 23 22:43:25 EST 2017

Every time I investigate an issue from the tracker, I start with a new
fresh image.
Often its useful to track down which build introduced a bug, so I need to
bisect the last 500 builds or so.
I select a build version from the "Template" side and create an image named
"CaseCCCCC-BBBBB"
where CCCCC is the issue number and BBBBB is the build number.
I'll quickly end up with a dozen images then delete all but the two either
side of where the bug was introduced,
to examine the differences between them, and develop a fix for the later
build, then testing that fix in the latest build.

Also when someone announces a new library, I can quickly create a new image
"SomeProject-BBBBB"
which I can dip my toes into as I get time available.

Nowadays the matching VM is automatically downloaded, which makes it easier
to keep up with the latest VM+Image.

cheers -ben