[Pharo-dev] How should I load Seaside/Bootstrap in Pharo 7 ?

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Tue Nov 7 17:45:52 EST 2017

> On 7 Nov 2017, at 22:59, Denis Kudriashov <dionisiydk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Sven

> Like I said in another email, for example STON adds methods to Class, MetaClass and ClassDescription *Traits*. Now it has to add to the classes itself (right ?). So a single code base cannot deal with Pharo 7 and older version without splitting. I like to keep simple projects like STON simple (Seaside is huge in comparison and deals with this stuff all the time and already has the complex infrastructure for it).
>
> I think it should not be problem for compatibility. Because with flattening you will just has duplication of code for classes and traits but classes and traits existed in Pharo all the time. So flattened version of STON will correctly work in older Pharo's.

I didn't look careful enough to realise you made your own fork.

Still, trying

Metacello new
    baseline:'Seaside3';
    repository: 'github://pavel-krivanek/Seaside:minimalPharo/repository';
    load.

In full Pharo 7, I get:

MetacelloNameNotDefinedError: project group, or package named: 'Seaside-Pharo-Development' not found when used in requires: or includes: field of package: 'Seaside-Tests-Pharo-Development' for version: baseline of BaselineOfSeaside3.

Thanks for helping out.

Sven