[Pharo-dev] [IMPORTANT] Is there a bug in Tonel with category:

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Mon Nov 6 09:43:19 EST 2017

...also note that I have seen a number of baselines where symbols are
used in places where Strings are required ... of course with Pharo's
implementation of Symbol it is not practical to use asString nor type
checks - things that are not necessary in other Smalltalk
implementations ... In Metacello the only "legal" place to use a Symbol
is for a symbolic version ...

Of course this is really only an issue for cross platform projects and
the issue shows up as a problem real fast ... it's just painful for the
uninitiated to debug ...

Dale