[Pharo-dev] How to update currently used VM for PharoLauncher?

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Sun Nov 5 06:10:03 EST 2017

On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 3:29 AM, Christophe Demarey <
christophe.demarey at inria.fr> wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> > Le 3 nov. 2017 à 17:23, stephan <stephan at stack.nl> a écrit :
> >
> > I've noticed a few VM updates I want to use with PharoLauncher.
> > What is the currently recommended way to update my PharoLauncher to use
> > a non-stable version?
>
> For now, the way to get a fresh VM for the current development image (i.e.
> 70) is to delete it from the VM store ($HOME/Documents/Pharo/vms/70 on OS
> X) and try to run again the image will download the latest stable VM.
> If you need another VM, you will have to install it by hand in the same
> directory. There is currently no option to get an alpha VM. It makes sense
> only for the development image but it could be a nice option to add to the
> launcher. Do you think it will be used?

It would be useful to be able to be explicit about which VM is used to run
an image, and the VMs to be selectable.  When someone reports "I've a
problem with Image Build X on VM Build Y" this would facilitate others
replicating that configuration.

cheers -ben