[Pharo-dev] About Collator

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 04:16:29 EST 2017

> On 5 Nov 2017, at 06:00, Stephane Ducasse <stepharo.self at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi guys
>
> Why do we rename class Sort to introduce terms that have unknown,
> unclear, undocumented meaning?

+1

> To me PluggableSortFunction is MUCH better than CollatorBlockFunction.

but pluggable is also bad, IMO.
also I see there is some incoherence in the names:

ChainedSortFunction -> this is kind of ok, but I think a “ComposedSortFunction” is better.
SortByPropertyFunction -> shouldn’t be “PropertySortFunction”  ? (coherent with the previous one)
CollatorSortFunction -> this is like a “BlockSortFunction” or “ValuableSortFunction” ?

Esteban